egr delete ???

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
just to put this to bed......

i only had to watch the meter tick off hours when the timer was in use...and our bill was over $350 1 month...we about died. i had backed off using the heater and the weather was warming and what do you know, the electric bill went way down...

p.s. and for those who followed my 'electric meter' ordeal - i still have had no word from the electric company but this past month we did get a $50 credit:dunno:sweet

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i just received my egr/egr cooler delete kit from dfuser and it was $399 i havent installed it yet looking for some help on the install because i dont know evrything on my truck and i dont have the right stuff to weld the parts on because i think they are aluminum

paulpe99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Egr deleted project

I did this by cutting up the egr cooler, buying two freeze plugs, removing the intake manifold, taking it all to the local weld shop. I also purchased the formed hose. overall, the total cost was less than $47.00.
This decision was a no-brainer cuz I was out of warranty and the egr valve was sticking big time. Since doing the egr cooler delete, installing an aluminum spool in place of the egr valve and just leaving the egr plugged in (loose on top of the motor) I've gained an increase in MPG, cooler EGT's, and no more excess smoke when i stand on it. :)

oil cooler project pictures by paulpe99 - Photobucket

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58