egr delete ???

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On really, really cold mornings...not that it gets all that frigid in Jersey, I'll simply cycle the glow plugs. It's waaaaaaay cheaper than pluggin' in the block heater. I've never had a hard start.

CCSBD

Diesel Power
Reaction score
what is expensive about pluggin in the block heater? You mean electric bill for house?

CCSBD

Diesel Power
Reaction score
Does it really use that much energy to actually make a differnce in your bill?? I havent noticed an increase yet?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You are drawing ONE KILOWATT per hour X the hours that you have it plugged in. All of this times your rate per kilowatt is how much the truck costs to plug in. Times that by 30 days per month and that is how much it cost you to plug in your truck for a month.

Dave

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah.. think i hurt our electric bill .. it was alot higher then normal

i-Henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine Block Warmer

I use mine when the temperature starts getting below freezing. But I use it with a timer that turns it one 2 hour before I expect to leave for work. I haven't bothered to figure out how much it costs. But I want to keep my engine in good shape and I don't live far enough from work for my truck to get up to operating temperature. But on the way home, I usually take the long way home so my truck completely heats up. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58