Expedition towing a 30ft. travel trailer, little help please.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Walk in the park, Bama. You will do just fine, but I know a guy who has Auto Transport Company...

Dave :D

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope you had a good trip pulling the RV and all is well.
We love it when we are in our Fifthwheel for a few mo at a time.
We will be here in South Texas another two weeks.
What you got Irace?
Doug

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Me? I just have a race trailer. I however am having fun putting electricity in it, along with ac/ heat and a couple more windows. But I love pulling this thing to the races.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
No cell Service up here but.....

How'd it all go Bama

:coffee

Joe, it went well. I had a few hiccups when we got there. Basically had to tow it on just the ball. The propane tank mount was in the way, so I couldn't fully install the WDH. They had safety chains on the tongue, but no grab hooks/clasps on the ends. They are really too short, so I am going to have to install some longer ones.

After pulling the TT home, I can definately see the benefit I should get when I tow it with the WDH fully installed. The wind was terrible traveling North back up to I-20/59. I had white knuckles for about the first 100 miles. Never towed anything like that on the bumper. That TT was like a HUGE sail and had me waggin a little bit.

If I got over 65 on the interstate, it got worse, so the trip home took a little bit longer than usual.

Overall, it was a good day. Got a brand new 2005 Fleetwood Cavalier, never been used at all. Plastic is still on the mattress'. Super clean inside. It didn't have any holding tanks, so maybe down the road we can convert some in there. They had one that did have tanks, but the guy said he just couldn't bring himself to give it too me, it was in rough shape.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58