fuel mileage

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
My Bro bought a 97 stroker and is only getting 12 miles to the gal does this sound right. What can we/he do to get better mileage out of his truck. Thanks bones:dunno

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
12 is a bit low. What gears? What transmission? Larger than stock tires? Air and fuel filter clean?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Is 12 town driving, highway driving, combined? Was that empty or towing or?

My 95 would get 12 while towing but was regularly 17-18 running empty on the highway. Auto/CC/4x4/4:10's

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
low stall converter and 3" downpipe got me 18 highway, 16 towing highway (about 5-10k lbs, with 10 it goes a little lower with mpg) , 15 driving to and from work (40mph average)

before the mods those numbers were 2mpg lower accross the board. also i have 3.55 gears.

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
we just changed all the filters. He has a superchips set on tow pref with stock tires. When he drove back to cheyenne doing 75 he was only getting 12 mpg. what eles can we do it his trk thanks bones

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
some free things would be to check for boost leaks, check the ebpv and make sure its not choking the engine, make sure no brakes are dragging...maybe drive it a week without the tuner in it?

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
some free things would be to check for boost leaks, check the ebpv and make sure its not choking the engine, make sure no brakes are dragging...maybe drive it a week without the tuner in it?

What he said, but unless he drives it like a raped ape at 90 miles an hour that tuner isn't his trouble. I have a scmt with stage 1's. Tow safe, performance, or high performance any of the three get me 17-18 average everyday, up to 20 on a trip. I drive the same with it on any setting, really can't tell a difference with the stage 1's.

Does he have an auto that might be slipping? Got a gps?, check his speedo, if its off it can skew the mpg figures quite a bit....

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
i just got through running mine on extreme level on my evolution for a full tank and came back with almost 22 mpg. i was also driving almost like grandma, but i got awesome mileage!!!!!!!!! if i drive like i like to drive then i get around 14-16 mpg.

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
he drives like a little old lady .I got a week left to work in colo then I get 2 weeks off, when I get home I'll call him or head to cheyenne and see what we can do

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
try cleaning the fpr screen and maybe a few small cheap mods like the 6637. that should raise his mileage. and then tell him to buy a dp-tuner!! LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14