Got Some Good News Today

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Man, them people in AL sure work slow.

Thats for sure. :roflmao Up here in Michigan where the a few shade tree mechanics stuff gets done. My tech and I did our first 7.3 rebuild this summer and we had that thing done in a couple of days (once the parts showed up).

Im just kiddin about the shade tree mechanics. I know many and did not mean to insult any out there.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
UPDATE!

I talked to the service manager this morning about the progress of my truck.

He said the motor is in and bolted to the tranny, just working on getting all the wires, lines, etc. hooked back up.

So I am one step closer to having my baby back. :thumbs

Last edited:

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
That is good news, but seriously if it takes longer than another day for them to finish then I would be getting pretty upset. The most work is getting the motor in the engine bay and bolted to the trans. Everything else is easy work and goes very quick. Are they working on your truck when they find time?

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Everything else is easy work and goes very quick.

I mean no disrespect here, but have you ever removed/ replaced a 6.0? I have personally done it and it definitely does not qualify as easy work. There is plenty of stuff to hook up and install, and there's not a lot of room left in there the more stuff you put in. Yes, I would figure they should be done in a day or 2, but I just had to stick up for the tech being I am one myself :D

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
That is good news, but seriously if it takes longer than another day for them to finish then I would be getting pretty upset. The most work is getting the motor in the engine bay and bolted to the trans. Everything else is easy work and goes very quick. Are they working on your truck when they find time?

I will admit, it has been a test on my patience. But I look at it this way. I could get all mad and upset and say a bunch of stupid stuff to tick the dealership off. The servcie manager, which happens to be a good friend of mine, was actually amazed that I hadn't pitched a fit yet, and told me he appreciated my patience.

This dealer has been real good to me, and has never charged me the full labor price on any work I have ever done. I have become a prety good customer and they like that.

I knew going into this that it would probably be about 2 months before everything was done. I had rather be nice and patient and have them do me a good job, vs. showing my tail off, getting upset, and make them mad at me and they do a terrible job and the truck tears up down the road somewhere.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
You knew going in the truck would be laid up for 2 MONTHS?!:eek:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
You knew going in the truck would be laid up for 2 MONTHS?!:eek:

you could say it was a gut feeling. they only have one diesel tech and he messed his back up and couldnt work on it. they are a very busy dealership and do a ton of work on all types of cars (not just ford stuff).

Its all good to me. it has been a good test of patience. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58