headlight bulbs....

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 50W kit is $299 and I ordered one extra bulb for $70, shipping was $15.

I figured I would have to adjust my headlights after the HID's are in so I might as well adjust them for the brighter 50W bulbs. I pity all those that come in my direction! :)

You would figure on a $50K plus car you would get HID's! Now even the electric cars get HID's standard.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
You should have saved your money on the extra bulb. HID bulbs last forever, I have a set of Hella driving lights on my truck and use to have the same set on my big truck. They are at least 6 years old and still no failure and up here we are in the dark all winter long..

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The HID bulbs should last many years but when the bulb does break I don't want it to be weeks before I get a replacement. I will store this one safely and will be ready should the need arise.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
NASCAR Mike said:
I will store this one safely and will be ready should the need arise.
Be sure to let someone know where you are going to store it. Every-time I buy an extra I forget where it is when I need it :roflmao

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ender, thanks for the heads up.

I ordered my HID's on Nov 30th but I emailed them to see if they would honor the rebate since my 50W kit won't be available until Jan 2007.

ender

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I actually had no idea they had 50W systems. I just ordered two, from the description it looks pretty nice. I was looking their external truck lights too but they're out of stock on that and won't have them until January. The 50W they said about 2 weeks as a special order.

Ender

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
Does anyone make a new light harness that will take power directly from the battery through the switch and back out, instead of the stock harness.. A Dodge friend did a similar mod and his lights are twice as bright

ender

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
BRYAN-2002-7.3 said:
piaa is the way to go!!!

Well after I found out that PIAA was using the same components as the cheaper guys I rather not pay for their CEO getting a couple of million in bonuses. For half the money I can get something that has the same warranty and looks just as good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14