headlight bulbs....

ender

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
XTrmXJ said:
Does anyone make a new light harness that will take power directly from the battery through the switch and back out, instead of the stock harness.. A Dodge friend did a similar mod and his lights are twice as bright

I had though of doing this with my F150 but it looks like its not a HID Xenon, its just pushing more power through the halogens which makes them twice as hot and will burn them out faster.

I think NASCAR Mike is right and going with the 50W kit is the best solution.

Ender

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
XTrmXJ said:
Does anyone make a new light harness that will take power directly from the battery through the switch and back out, instead of the stock harness.. A Dodge friend did a similar mod and his lights are twice as bright

The upgrade harnesses use relays to send more power to the bulb. The switch is only used to trigger the relay. Puredieselpower offers a nice kit or you can build your own.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XTrmXJ said:

www.gosracing.com/fd_acc in the $40 to $60 range....

ender

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
www.gosracing.com/fd_acc in the $40 to $60 range....

Ok this is what I have seen and its not pumping more power to regular Halogens. I thought you guys had a way to make a 35W HID into a 50W for a lot cheaper.

My 50W HID kit should be here on Thursday, I'm very excited. Early chrismas present for myself.

sik350

wuts bio-diesel?
Reaction score
Sounds wierd that you dont have 9007..I have a 2004 f250 harley and it has a 9007..btw i just did a 10k HID conversion kit to it and i love it!..My 07 f350 had 9008 (h13) and i did the Hid kit to it as well. I personally wouldnt waste my money in buying just the bulbs some burn out faster and some a little brighter and just not the same. I had silverstar bulbs on the f250 and were ok not much brighter though. You can get a good HID kit for a about 200-300 and is plug and play equipment.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
sik350 said:
Sounds wierd that you dont have 9007..I have a 2004 f250 harley and it has a 9007..btw i just did a 10k HID conversion kit to it and i love it!..My 07 f350 had 9008 (h13) and i did the Hid kit to it as well. I personally wouldnt waste my money in buying just the bulbs some burn out faster and some a little brighter and just not the same. I had silverstar bulbs on the f250 and were ok not much brighter though. You can get a good HID kit for a about 200-300 and is plug and play equipment.

What kits have you used? Good place to buy?

I am still looking for a 9007 Kit for my truck ;):open

sik350

wuts bio-diesel?
Reaction score
Big K said:
What kits have you used? Good place to buy?

I am still looking for a 9007 Kit for my truck ;):open

I found this guy actually on ebay..wierd huh but the kits are very well built and use hella technology.(acually say hella on ballast)..When i bought my first kit was a like uneasy about the quality but as soon ans installed them on my f250 ( btw 30 min install )..I ordered my kit for the 07' f350 like a minute later after i finished the install.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had about 10 different types of headlight bulbs in numerous vechiles and the best ones I have found so far are the silver star ultras they are bright and tend to last a long time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14