headlight bulbs....

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
1. Nope

2. Park in front of the garage before you change them and mark the height of the stock ones.

3. 16 glasses of water daily..

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
3. How much/what to drink to have a bladder reserve for bio-melting the ice buildup on the lens (that's how Crumm probably gets away with these in AK! :D )

RSG,
Just a follow up on the "How much portion" of your bladder reserve question......The average bladder will hold 600 - 1000mL of fluid. 200 - 250mL (6.67oz - 8.33oz) will cause a moderate amount of bladder distension and the urge to urinate. 400 - 600mL (13.33oz - 20oz) and you are feeling uncomfortable. 30mL = 1oz.
I just got done with nursing school and look how I can put my new found knowledge to work......helping out a fellow SSDer make sure he has enough fluid "on board" for safety's sake and proper lighting. :drink :drink :drink
Craig

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I like to drink a lotta water like Crumm advocates. But16 glasses x 16 oz x 30 mL/oz = 7.7 Liters, or 2 gallons. Man Crumm, no wonder this is not a problem of icing your headlamps!

Craig, thanks for the bio-data. do you think Crumm is "average" based on his 16 glasses a day?

Thanks for the aiming tip, Crumm.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Dual filament HIDs

I searched high and low and finally came up with a set of HID low/high beams. The kits from hidfoglight.com have a low/high beam option but the low beam is hid and the high beam is standard halogen. The halogen bulb can be changed independently but I have been looking for true hid on high beam as well as low beam. electrosport.com has came up with a true high/low beam bulb :sweet

The kits are $600 which is 3x the price of hidfoglight but I am liking the high/low hid. Who is going to be the guinea pig and order a set? Be sure to let us know how good they are :D

Electrosport offers the first HID LOW and HIGH beam kit. The ElectroSport kits contain dual filament HIDs with the correct focal point and the fill pattern is perfect providing you the best visual pattern. Other kits are only a single filament or have an electrical adjusting shield.

With ElectroSport HID, when you make the switch from HID LOW, to HID HIGH beam, the LOW beam stays on at the same time with no loss or drop in lighting, providing you with massive lighting for even the most extreme driving conditions.

Most OEM HID systems, such as those found on Mercedes only offer HID on LOW. And the same goes for most aftermarket HID kits on the market. Remember to check, if it's a single filament bulb, then its HID with LOW beam only.

This is the first dual filament HID ever made. It's so good, it's patented.

ender

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have one of these so just to set the record straight.

You're looking at the High/Low options, which you're right its is Xenon (low), Halogen (high). This is what I have, the Xenon is good enough that I haven't used my highs in quiet a while. But having high xenon would be useful too for the backroads.

SO... They also have the BiXenon Kit which is Xenon(low + high), for $249. I'm upgrading mine for this, they told me $150+shipping for the upgrade. Just gotta save up.

Ender

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
They also have the BiXenon Kit which is Xenon(low + high), for $249. I'm upgrading mine for this, they told me $150+shipping for the upgrade. Just gotta save up.

Ender

The BiXenon kit that hidfoglight carries does not have dual elements like the Electrosport kit. The hidfoglight BiXenon has one hid element attached to a swing motor which swings the bulb into two different positions which makes the light shine farther down the road. I have heard that the swing motor type are not very effective in a housing designed for standard halogen bulbs but I have never personally tried a swing motor type of bulb.

ender

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The BiXenon kit that hidfoglight carries does not have dual elements like the Electrosport kit. The hidfoglight BiXenon has one hid element attached to a swing motor which swings the bulb into two different positions which makes the light shine farther down the road. I have heard that the swing motor type are not very effective in a housing designed for standard halogen bulbs but I have never personally tried a swing motor type of bulb.

My friend down the road just got it from them yesterday and we were playing all night with it. Its actually not a swing but telescopic, there is a little magnet at the base that moves the bulb. Very neat. I was actually looking for the dual-bulb configuration until I learned that they burn out very easily and that that's actually the gen 1 design. The single bulb/motor/magnet is the gen 2. The gen 1 design actually required 4 ballasts! Ouch!

This is the standard 35W bulb which is less bright than the 50W but having both the high and low be xenon does help in the backroads.

Ender

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PIAA>my thots

Originally Posted by BRYAN-2002-7.3
piaa is the way to go!!!
Well after I found out that PIAA was using the same components as the cheaper guys I rather not pay for their CEO getting a couple of million in bonuses. For half the money I can get something that has the same warranty and looks just as good.
I tried PIAA replacements in a (cough)02 Dodge dually and my 04 350. on both units..the high side burnt out in a very short time...and thats considering that we probably use low beam 98% of the time because of traffic. Sylvanias' are a bunch cheaper and almost as good at lighting your world.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58