Heater Delamination?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
Here's what I'm going with if I can ever find a distributor that has the heated version. Star Marine carries the non-heated and I'm waiting for a call back.:rolleyes:
http://www.parker.com/racor/Prodbul/fuel/7566-Turbine.pdf

DDDDDDDaaaammmmm
antonio, you jumped in with both feet, I dont even want to know what it costs.
its got some sweet features, water indicator, heater, dash warning lamps :hail
where is it going to get mounted???

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
The base model is only $190 from Star Marine. Don't know what the heated version is going to run me yet. Waiting on phone calls. The heater's thermostatically controlled on at 50 off at 80F. The WIF indicators optional which I prolly won't get as long as I keep the stock filter housing. If that comes off I'll order the bowl and visual indicator. It's going in the same place as the Dahl basically.

Tbar,

Your spin on is what I know as a "water absorbing" type filter. Just like the factory it pushes the fuel through the element and once saturated the water gets pushed out too. The turbine is low pressure(15psi max) and has to be before the pump. The low pressure zone allows the water to form droplets and fall out of the fuel along with solids and sediment into the clear bowl. That's the easiest way I know how to explain it. It's pretty much the same thing as the Dahl but a little better IMO.:D

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
rickh said:
Are you looking for a heated filter set up? I am using one that uses a coil instead of a strip. Screw into the top of the filter head. Heater about 75 bucks, head with filter about 45 bucks.
I will keep looking for the heater kit and the head with filter part numbers...
CarQuest Filter part #'s
86911 Stanadyne FM100 Series (5 Micron)
86912 Stanadyne FM100 Series (30 Micron)
86913 Stanadyne FM100 Series (150 Micron)
From CarQuest made by Stanadyne.
Rick H...

Ok...
Complete assembly with filter....
5 micron 89911 (final filter)
30 micron 89912 (pre-filter)
150 micron 89913 (coalescing pre filter water seperator)
Rated at 80 GPH or about 350 hp. 2 inlet and 2 outlet ports 1/4" x 18 NPTF, max op pressure 60 psi (yea right! I have been running at almost 70 for 1 1/2 years! :))
Unique dry change element eliminates fuel spilage.
Also avaible in marine grade.

Heater kit 89922
"150 watt heater, 12 volt reliable sensor reacts to the fuel temp, when needed, activates a high efficiency heating element. Fuel flows the length of the heater for rapid and uniform warming. Metling wax crystals back into suspension just prior to entering the filters media, which helps avoid filter plugging."

Water snesor kit 89923
"This optional electronic module signals that water has accumulated in the filter and must be drained. Idela for applications where a see through bowl can not easily be seen."

Plastic see through bowl 89924
Hand primer 89921

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Well my 900FHP3122 is having to be custom made. I went ahead and got the water sensor port model, might as well only mess with it once. They had a 500FG which is the superceded model in stock but is a little smaller. 5 days lead time so hopefully I'll have it in a week.:sweet I ordered it through a distributor in Houston.

The 500FH would be enough but I want a little bigger since I'm using B100.

Here's how to order for those interested:

90- flow rate
0FH- standard ports
P- water sensor port
312-12V heater omit is not needed
2-micron rating...10 and 30 available

The FH only uses Racor elements, the older FG doesn't have to.

Also Racor uses nitrile seals and they guarantee that the bio won't hurt them.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
that should work out just in time to go spank somebodies tail at the cado track :burnit :burnit

nitrile seals are good, about the only thing that hurts em Methyl ethyl ketone or toluene,and even then it just hardens em some, and there better not be any in the bio,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14