HONEST mileage - apples 2 apples

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is all stock no mods as of yet. I drive mostly highway and with the cruise control set at 72mph the tech is just below 2000 rpm and I can only get 16 mpg. Sometimes I feel like I drive with an egg between my foot and the pedal to try to get a bit more mpg but it doesn't really do much more than an additional 1 mpg. When I bought the truck they told me when the truck is broken in I should get anywhere between 18 to 20 mpg but I don't see it happening. I must say that the truck has 12,000 miles on it and the mpg is better than the day it rolled off the lot (12 mpg).
I love the truck and I bought it to tow my boat and to wrap something around me in case some idiot runs into me on my long commute I really didn't buy it for gas milage.

you still got a ways til its broke in so u may eventually get up to the 20 range. that would be nice!

superdutyfan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
mileage

I have a 2006 CC 4X4 with torqueshift, 3.73 gears. I am located in CT. I used to get about 15.5 all around. My mileage has dropped to around 14. I don't know why. I have almost 11k miles on now. I usually drive empty. Sometimes I carry heavy loads in the bed, even if I don't it doesn't seem to matter. I am going by the mileage readout and resetting it. I found it to be accurate within .5 mpg so I don't bother with hand calculating anymore, I'm not that into it! I love this truck! Playing with the mileage meter, I noticed it uses almost no fuel idling down an off-ramp, and sucks it down like you can't imagine accelerating up hills. I know, I'm stating the obvious, but the EXTENT to which this is true surprised me. Also, the grade of the road has a HUGE impact on mileage. I mean HUGE.

fordtrucknut

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
12 to 14 city
10 to 12 hauling 3 to 4k enclosed wagon (city)
One highway trip 15 mpg (no load)
The EGR was unplugged 6,000 miles ago

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you were looking for similar comparisions so I won't tell you about my X getting 21MPG now that I installed my Walker BTM muffler.

I think the key thing to remember is that the best the MPG will be around 2000 rpm near the peak torque of the truck. That is about 69/70 MPH.

Elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bone Stock F350 DRW Auto 4:10 gears 8100 miles.

13.5 - 14 City
14 Freeway, with the cruise set at 75 MPH no mountains
11.75 towing about 6K in the mountains.

06 DSG SUPERDUTY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
06 250 with a 6 SPD on a precinct trip i got 25.7 mpg now i didn't be live it but if you keep it at 65 and below 2000 rpm it gets decant mpg

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without 4x4, and on level ground, and he does have a 6spd. If he kept it between 60-65 he very well could have made 25 mpg.
I have the 4x4 and going up and down hills at 55-65 mph I got 20.1 mpg.

atk

Reaction score
i have buying the magazine Diesel Power and there was an article couple of issues ago about a guy modifying a PSD for fuel milage. he did do quite of bit of work to his truck to get 26mpg, that was after alot of R/D. i am not saying this isn`t possible, but do find it hard to believe, but that is my opinion....sometimes it isn`t worth much....lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58