HONEST mileage - apples 2 apples

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone beside me figure their fuel mileage over more then 400 miles or one tank? My 06 averages 15.5 overall.

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fill up with a gallon more or less and the actual fuel mileage could be 1 MPG off in either direction I keep a long term average. I can go all the way back on my 01. I can also tell you about the last 5,000 miles or so. One tank (406 miles) don't speak for much.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fill up with a gallon more or less and the actual fuel mileage could be 1 MPG off in either direction I keep a long term average. I can go all the way back on my 01. I can also tell you about the last 5,000 miles or so. One tank (406 miles) don't speak for much.

I have a little over 5,000 miles on our truck. We have consistently averaged 18.5 mpg when figured over a 200 plus mile trip. Lowest was 17 something, and highest was 20.2 mpg.

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
Maxtor, the grass stays fairly green for most of the year, just depends on how much rain we get. A couple of days of rain a month keeps things in pretty good shape, thanks for the complement. It is amazing how fast they turn those things out, you should see the turnaround time on a manufactured home! I have not eaten at Murphy's since I was in college and I was to poor then for prime rib, I might have to get up there some time and give it a try.

Mobydick, check out my earlier post in this thread on mileage, it asks exactly what you are looking for.:sweet

Trapper

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maxtor, the grass stays fairly green for most of the year, just depends on how much rain we get. A couple of days of rain a month keeps things in pretty good shape, thanks for the complement. It is amazing how fast they turn those things out, you should see the turnaround time on a manufactured home! I have not eaten at Murphy's since I was in college and I was to poor then for prime rib, I might have to get up there some time and give it a try.

Mobydick, check out my earlier post in this thread on mileage, it asks exactly what you are looking for.:sweet

Trapper

That whole area is very beautiful. Who knows, we might become your neighbor in the future. Last year, we sold our 100 acre ranch near Klamath Falls, and now living full time in our house in Redding. The ranch became to much for us old people to take care of. We are now looking for something in the 10 to 20 acre size. There seems to be many very nice places in your area. We are planning on a cross country trip this year, then a few cruises, then settle down in the old rocker somewhere out of California. In June everything here turns brown. 110 degree days are common.

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
Well, since you are a previous Oregonian I will welcome you back if you so choose;) I have been all over the country and always keep coming back to the valley. Hope you had a good trip. Let me know if I can be of assistance if you are looking at the valley.

Trapper

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That whole area is very beautiful. Who knows, we might become your neighbor in the future. Last year, we sold our 100 acre ranch near Klamath Falls, and now living full time in our house in Redding. The ranch became to much for us old people to take care of. We are now looking for something in the 10 to 20 acre size. There seems to be many very nice places in your area. We are planning on a cross country trip this year, then a few cruises, then settle down in the old rocker somewhere out of California. In June everything here turns brown. 110 degree days are common.

Jeez Max...I always kinda figured a Ranch was 5000+ acres n what you have is an oversized back-yard...reckon it's all in the eye of the beholder..lol..just poking fun bud..you have a goodun

ps: I used to "farm" 4500 acres cause I never figured it to be big nuf to call it a ranch:)

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, since you are a previous Oregonian I will welcome you back if you so choose;) I have been all over the country and always keep coming back to the valley. Hope you had a good trip. Let me know if I can be of assistance if you are looking at the valley.

Trapper

Ok, Thanks;

It will probably be in 2009, before we want to move. We want to take a few trips first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64