how much boost???

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
i just installed a set of gauges and i cant seem to get the boost much above 10-11psi with chip,intake and exhaust i thought it would be more than that:dunno

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
You probably have a kink in the line. You should be reading more than that. The slightest little kink will do that, even if you straiten it out, its still no good, change out the tube.

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
i just cant figure this out, i tried a new tube, well its not new its one i had sittin around and still the same thing, the turbo sure sounds like its working...when i take the hose off the gauge thers not a ton of air coming threw it, i did test the gauge with the air compressor and it seams to be working fine...

highfive

USMC HMH-465 88-94
Reaction score
Is your EBPV still hooked up? if you unhooked the arm and left the valve swinging it will cause enough backpressure to keep the boost below 10psi.

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
its still hooked up but good point, idk maby its stuck, ill go have a look!! thanks!

9secfox

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i'am having the same problem with my 01, 10-11 psi tried removing accuater hose got 25-30psi at times but not every time. -mad

9secfox

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have done the reg upgrade (screw method )and have 68 at idle .i think i will check while drivin tomorrow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg