how much boost???

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe this will help?:

Article No. 94-23-15
LOSS OF POWER - 7.3L DIRECT INJECTION TURBO DIESEL - INCORRECT MAP SENSOR
MIL - CODES 128 AND 845 (94MY) OR P0236 AND P038 (95-97MY) - 7.3L DIRECT INJECTION TURBO DIESEL - INCORRECT MAP SENSOR

Publication Date: DECEMBER 14, 1994

LIGHT TRUCK: 1994-97 F SUPER DUTY, F-250, F-350

ISSUE:
On some vehicles there may be a loss of power at high altitudes or while pulling heavy loads at high RPMs at sea level. The MIL may also illuminate and have codes 128 and 845 or P0236 and P0238 stored in memory. This may be due to an incorrect MAP sensor being installed during the manufacturing process.

ACTION:
Replace the incorrect black sensor with the correct grey sensor. The black sensor is incompatible with the vehicle's strategy. The grey 3 bar design is the correct MAP sensor for the 7.3L Direct Injection Turbo Diesel.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
F4TZ-9F479-A MAP Sensor

OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
NONE

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage, And Emissions Warranty Coverage

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
942345A Perform EEC-IV Quick Test, Replace MAP Sensor, Perform Final Quick Test 0.8 Hr.

DEALER CODING
BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
9F479 79

OASIS CODES:
206000, 614000, 698298

Cheers!

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
i just unplugged the map sensor wire and it made no difference driving it at all

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Sounds like the map sensor is good then.

Soooooo......assuming the gauge and hose is not a problem. (these have already been mentioned, but to have a list...)
-fuel pressure not keeping up under load? Install and watch gauge while driving)
-problem/conflict with chip? (pull it and test)
-ICP problem? (disconnect ICP and test)
-leaking y-pipe, hose, or intake plenum (manifold)
-possible turbo problem or exhaust restriction?
-HPOP output problem

The first 4 are easy to test

97CREWCABPSD

Smoke What Smoke Officer?
Reaction score
i haven had time to unplug mine but i can blow big clouds of black smoke so i would guess im getting fuel.

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
drill and tap boost?!

im not getting an acurate boost reading with the map sensor line reading, wheres the best place to drilll and tap instead??

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
I would imagine you could tap into the top of the y-pipe coming off the turbo But i would remove it to do that. if its not accurate there something is wrong. how come you think you not getting an accuarate reading?

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
because i only get 10 psi with wildman on setting for stageII injectors....its always been that way even with edge evo..truck runs like its makin much more boost...it throws a boost code every now and again... wutcha think??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg