how much boost???

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
well this is an update on the situation...i went to the hardware store and got all new hose larger diameter, there are no leaks from the T-fitting to the gauge, and egr valve is deffinatly open still nooooooo boost...i dont get it

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
I can get well over 15 psi with a mostly stock truck.

What other symptoms are there? Smoke or no? Lack of power?
- Try unplugging the MAP sensor and see if any change in performance.
- Unplug the ICP and see what happens.
- Keep a fuel gauge on it while driving and see if the pressure drops under load. It should not drop much if any. You can use a cheap 0-100psi electric oil pressure gauge to make it easier to see in the cab w/o risk of broken gauge causing fuel leak in the cab.
-

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I still think its the line, it has a KINK in it somewhere, not a leak.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
96EDGEpsd said:
brass fittings dont think im smashin those...
Have you pulled the turbo inlet hose yet? What is the condition of your compressor wheel? Has the turbo been "dusted" prior to you owning the truck? I will agree, even with stock injectors, an intake, chip and exhaust should easily net you 20+ psi boost. I dont want to sound like a broken record just becaust I myself just went through this but....Make sure you dont have a turbo problem.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
96EDGEpsd said:
just pulled the inlet hose to the turb, seems perfectly fine no wiggle spins free and smooth...hows this look? :confused: View attachment 815

Your hose and hose barb are the source of your problems. You are (IMO) blowing past the hose barb when you are making the boost. Is that soft tubing? Surgical tubing? You may be able to fix it with a clamp, but I would run hard vinyl tubing, that uses compression fittings, like this:
View attachment 816

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14