I guess I Lied ? Maybe ?

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Looking for a 5th wheel hitch now. I understand Reece makes one that mounts right too the FORD 5th wheel hitch prep package option.... Any Inputs ???????? Anybody ?????

I have the factory installed hitch option. 24k fifth wheel and the gooseneck ball. If your truck came with the rails, it's the way to go. Otherwise I prefer the B&W setup.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the factory installed hitch option. 24k fifth wheel and the gooseneck ball. If your truck came with the rails, it's the way to go. Otherwise I prefer the B&W setup.

Did some internet checking today.. Mine has the factory installed 5th wheel hitch bracketry, on the frame, under the bed.. so i'm guna go with the 24K Reece set-up. Nice clean install..... & removal if you wana haul stuff. No cross rails/shims on the bed floor.

Thanks

Joe

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Joe,

I would look at an airbag set up as well. These new trucks squat easier than the old ones. You will want something to get the headlights back on the road.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe,

I would look at an airbag set up as well. These new trucks squat easier than the old ones. You will want something to get the headlights back on the road.

Ya..Purdy much a Given for me, with airbags (Ride Rights). But I wana get the dang thing first (Tuesday).. hook up the 5r and see just how it takes the load.

Joe

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Congratulations, Big Joe. I was examining options a couple of months back when the Beast's EGR cooler bit the big one, I must admit I looked long and hard at a new truck, but I couldn't justify an $800 a month truck payment. That, and I couldn't really part with the Beast. With new head studs, injectors, gaskets, EGR cooler and oil cooler, I get most of the benefits of a new truck.

Enjoy that new truck. Post a picture when you can.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your getting a real nice new truck. You were saying it was $61 and some change out the door,
you guys in CA don't have to pay retail for a new truck do you? If it retailed for that much around here I
would be looking at about $52 or $53 out the door. The dealer should drop $10.000 off just to get you in the door.
Doug

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your getting a real nice new truck. You were saying it was $61 and some change out the door,
you guys in CA don't have to pay retail for a new truck do you? If it retailed for that much around here I
would be looking at about $52 or $53 out the door. The dealer should drop $10.000 off just to get you in the door.
Doug

I shouldn't of posted any numbers Doug:lmao

Retail ? Depends on how you look at it.. as a California Resident.

This deal worked for us.. Here in the "Golden State" (where it never rainz ?)

Joe

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand what your saying, things are going up every day, talking to a friend today at the truck stop and he said he had been paying $17.50 a case for lettuce and went to buy 20 cases this week and it was $34.50 a case. Life kinda sucks for us poor ole retired guys. All states get you one way or the other.
Doug

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand what your saying, things are going up every day, talking to a friend today at the truck stop and he said he had been paying $17.50 a case for lettuce and went to buy 20 cases this week and it was $34.50 a case. Life kinda sucks for us poor ole retired guys. All states get you one way or the other.
Doug

Yep.. Cali has it all covered. It's All about Taxes & Fee's here.. any way they can get it. :rant:rant

2011 f350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
They are dealing.
Work 'em hard. I was 8 k apart when i was ready to walk.
They asked what it would take to pull the trigger right then. I told them and, after whining, they took the deal.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg