I guess I Lied ? Maybe ?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... I picked it up today. All I can say is: WOW, whata ride. I gota a lota learning to do.

Smoooth ride, lotsa POWER.. gota watch the speedo fer shur.

Guna install the 25K Reece 5r hitch tomorrow.

Joe :)

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
New truck

Very nice Joe!! I still remember getting my truck and I can say that was a thrill. :thumbs Post a photo or two when you can.

Dave ;tu

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Enjoy the new truck. There are times where you will miss the 7.3 but you will get through it after about two years. The technology in these new trucks is amazing. I am really enjoying Sync and the fact that the noise level in the cab is only based on how loud I have the stereo.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice Joe!! I still remember getting my truck and I can say that was a thrill. :thumbs Post a photo or two when you can.
Dave ;tu

Yep.. anything New is always nice Dave. Got'a get the hitch installed cuz we're going on a short RV trip this weekend.. Good Mini Test Run.. Battleing a Kick-azz cold ta boot.. but I'll get some pics posted soon.

Enjoy the new truck. There are times where you will miss the 7.3 but you will get through it after about two years. The technology in these new trucks is amazing. I am really enjoying Sync and the fact that the noise level in the cab is only based on how loud I have the stereo.

I'm sure I'll miss 'ol whitey.. at times. Only had the new 350 for one day but I catch myself still reach'n for the gear shift.. going 'round corners'n such. THATs guna take some get'n used to.. I've Always had Man Trans's in my trucks. Again.. only one day but this 6 spd auto seems responcive, what gear it goes to.. wise.. I think I'm guna like that "Twist the Knob" on the shift lever.. vice moving the lever.. if you need to shift. And yer sure Right on the noise level. Quiet, like the Fusion..

We'll see.. as I get used to all the Gadgetry. EVERYTHING is Powered, and set'n in the driver seat is dang near like set'n in a Big Rig. Dang thing sure Feels Good :lmao:lmao

Life Is Good.

Joe

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
You still manually shift. You only need one opposing thumb.;tu If I am empty I'll lock it in 3rd when in traffic. Just don't forget to unlock the upper gears. It will let you run it to redline and you will hardly hear it.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try that lock it in 3rd in traffic, thanks. I'll be in the Learning Curve fer sure for awhile.

Watching the MPH's is my first thing. On the way home with it.. got on the on-ramp, stepped on it like I would the Fusion.. was doing 70, before I got to the Merge point.. had to slow down some to merge. Sneaks up on ya. :D:)

Roy Boy ? Got those Duraflaps.. on the way. Nice.. SUPER customer Service from those folks.

Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats.
PICS OR BAN!!!!

:lmao

Agreed. I mean it's been an ENTIRE day since you picked it up. :WorthLess

:nudge

:lmao:lmao OKAY ! Alright already !! :lmao

Busy day today.. Got the 5r Hitch installed, aaand the mudflaps.

I gota say.. that 5r hitch prep option is SLICK :sweet Big heavy plate mounted across the frame rails, under the the bed, with 5r hitch points .. OR a Gooseneck ball... your choice.. with "Pucks" to cover the pre cut holes in the bed if you ever need to remove the hitch(s). Nice.

Basicaly just assembled the hitch and dropped in-place, latched it.. dun deal.

Anyone looking for, or thinking about mudflaps ? Ya might check out www.duraflaps.com RoyBoy tuned me into'm.. Ordered a set (4).. also SLICK:sweet.

No Drilling.. uses OEM holes.. they come with Better fasteners.. took me about an hour'n half (w/breaks) to mount all 4. NICE TOO.

Tomorrow is.. Shop'n for new Bed Box, Pin-Stripe'n.. and an appointment for a spray-in Bedliner job.

Friday is load'n th RV for a MLK weekend trip (Test Hop for the new 350 ?)

I WILL get some Pics up though.. But I gota [Personalize] this new truck first :):D;).. I gota Morf it from yer average 2012, White, F-350 4X4.. into "JOE'Z TRUCK" !! Hope you all understand :D;) (Come on.. we all suffer from this, don't we)

Life Is Good ;tu

Joe

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg