I know I don't want to hear the answer, but give it to me anyway

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Your FICM may be at fault. Have you had it scanned since the work by FORD?

Dave :dunno
Not had it scanned since the repair. Pre-repair scan indicated four injectors only contributing 50 percent. Nearest Ford dealer with a diesel tech is an hour away.

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a tuner right? I had to have my tuner reflashed when my 6.0 did the samething. It was a EZ fix took about a hour for the reflash and update.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got her going Rich. Hate it set you back that much but it is cheaper than a new one for sure. I will be headed to Wears Valley at the end of the month so if i get stuck in the snow you can now come pull me out.

I'll be up there to about that time too...lol

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be up there to about that time too...lol

Hey Dog, you going to Wears Valley or a different part?

Rich, Open the top of the fuel filter canister on the top of the engine. Have someone turn the key on but do not crank. Check to see if the fuel canister is filling up with fuel. If you bought the FPR rebuild kit, do you know if your regulator was a unibody or if the black sleeve had to be replaced. If the black sleeve had to be replaced, I bet that the small flat ring (a flat o-ring) was not in the kit and was not replaced by the mechanic as it was overlooked when the black sleeve was replaced. The kit cmes with a regular o-ring that will not fit into the regulator. The black sleeve, if not sealed will not allow the regulator to build the required pressure needed to fuel the injectors. Mine ran for four days before it would crank, fire and die. It took me a wekk to discover what had happened. I replaced the black sleeve I had nicked with a new one and that is when I discovered the flat o-ring on the back of the black sleeve. I put it in and 30 minutes later after putting all the stuff back on she cranked and ran. Ben running for about 2500 miles over the last 2 weeks with no problem thanks to God.

This is just a thought and only a thought and worth every penny you paid for it.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Dog, you going to Wears Valley or a different part?
Not shore at this point. Wife works for hotel chain so we get rooms cheep if there is any room to get.. But I know we will be up there,

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
The truck went to the shop on a flatbed this afternoon. Will report back with results as soon as I get them.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
A simple fix got me back on the road. The EGR valve was stuck closed. The shop cleaned it in the original repair, but after a few days, the valve stuck and wouldn't move. The repair wasn't that expensive, the truck did run a bit rough for the first few miles but then smoothed out and ran fine. Putting the spurs to the truck and blowing the snot out of it seemed to help.

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You gotta get on it and frequently rray. These trucks need to be driven like you stole them. The EGR valve is one reason as you found out.

Dave ;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58