Help Needed IDM Codes

JRJ04

Reaction score
In a different thread, I was having issues with my CEL coming on intermittently and I had come to the conclusion that it was the fact that I didnt have my AIH hooked up.

Here's the thread: http://www.superdutydiesel.com/foru...engine-drivetrain/22643-intermittent-cel.html

Long story short, that aint the problem:rant.

I went and had the codes pulled today and I had this show up

P1316
P1201
P1203

the 1316 is is IDM related and it means circuit is low. The truck runs like a top...whats wrong?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
it just means there is a code which relates to IDM operation..
does NOT mean IDM is bad, faulty, junk, fried, toast, horked, smoked, fudge-packed or anything else...

JRJ04

Reaction score
it just means there is a code which relates to IDM operation..
does NOT mean IDM is bad, faulty, junk, fried, toast, horked, smoked, fudge-packed or anything else...

and how would one go about figuring out what exactly it means then? Ive done some searching and have found that UVC Harness could be an issue. Wouldn't it be running like crap though?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and how would one go about figuring out what exactly it means then? Ive done some searching and have found that UVC Harness could be an issue. Wouldn't it be running like crap though?

JR,

I'm guna step up'n say... You don't need to "figure out exactly what that means".

Whats wrong ?

Nothing is wrong.

It's just ...... because of your "Tune".. and Mods, certain Mappings and parameters have been changed (so to speak).... that's what makes your truck run... Like a Top, Better & Stronger.

The PCM, by (EPA mandated emission crapola) design, detects those "Changes" now & then, and advises you, now and then, of those "changes".... with an intermittent CEL and maybe.. a Code.

But a CEL, and those codes DON'T mean.... something in your drive train is about to explode. (like JLD sez)

I personally think.. the CEL, could be, a built in "Stimulus Package".. to make us take our vehicles back to the dealers... thereby.. stimulating their Cash Flow. ;)

Just Drive it JR, just drive it.

JRJ04

Reaction score
JR,

I'm guna step up'n say... You don't need to "figure out exactly what that means".

Whats wrong ?

Nothing is wrong.

It's just ...... because of your "Tune".. and Mods, certain Mappings and parameters have been changed (so to speak).... that's what makes your truck run... Like a Top, Better & Stronger.

The PCM, by (EPA mandated emission crapola) design, detects those "Changes" now & then, and advises you, now and then, of those "changes".... with an intermittent CEL and maybe.. a Code.

But a CEL, and those codes DON'T mean.... something in your drive train is about to explode. (like JLD sez)

I personally think.. the CEL, could be, a built in "Stimulus Package".. to make us take our vehicles back to the dealers... thereby.. stimulating their Cash Flow. ;)

Thanks Joe, I guess what it comes down to is that that darned light is just annoying. I'm a worrier at heart and want to get to the bottom of it. There has to be some sort of electrical issue somewhere or the IDM would not have stored codes.

It just seems weird that when the TC is locked, I can let off the go pedal and the light turns off...but the second I hit it, it comes back on.

Could a bad sending unit in the fuel tank cause it? Just found out that is bad too, but I dont care about it...I keep her above half all the time. Chip maybe not seated properly on the PCM?

Again, I understand that things are fine now, but I just want to ensure that theres no reliability issue here.

Sorry to be such a pest, but I really appreciate all of your input!

JRJ04

Reaction score
any other suggestions? does it seem weird that the light shuts off when the tc is locked and you dont have your foot in it? i went and wiggled every wire (and i mean wiggled) while it was running and it never missed a beat.

That light is driving me bonkers!!!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
JR,

Whats wrong ?

Nothing is wrong.

X2

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any other suggestions? does it seem weird that the light shuts off when the tc is locked and you dont have your foot in it? i went and wiggled every wire (and i mean wiggled) while it was running and it never missed a beat.

That light is driving me bonkers!!!

Never had an Automatic.. But it does seem strange you can basically control the CEL with the TC :dunno

Don't know what it could be, other than Trans issues (?) in relation to your tuner.... maybe :dunno

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58