Help Needed IDM Codes

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do the trans and the IDM communicate?

Via the PCM, Everything communicates, in some Whizo fashion, at some point JR.

How, when and under what conditions ? I can't help ya there.. I'm just a Wrench turner, for the most part.

And cuz I've allways had manual trannys I'm double dumb when it comes to the PCM interface with the Automatic trans.

:dunno

Joe

JRJ04

Reaction score
I sure do appreciate it Joe :sweet.

If I had an injector that was not firing or not working 100%, is that something I would notice?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
A missing injector would be very hard to miss. It will run like crap with a BIG miss. You would definitely notice. You are guessing here. I would take it in to have someone check it out. These computer controlled vehicles are not for the old fashion wrench turner to fix without some good tools (scanner).

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure do appreciate it Joe :sweet.

If I had an injector that was not firing or not working 100%, is that something I would notice?

A missing injector would be very hard to miss. It will run like crap with a BIG miss. You would definitely notice. You are guessing here. I would take it in to have someone check it out. These computer controlled vehicles are not for the old fashion wrench turner to fix without some good tools (scanner).

Dave

I'm x2 with Dave.

You might take it to a Auto Trans shop that understands (and has the equipment) the Ford auto trans in a PSD with a Tuner ?

Joe

JRJ04

Reaction score
After talking with Jody (DP Tuner), and telling him about the light shutting off when I let off the go pedal, he really feels that there are 2 wires rubbing together where the idm wiring harness connects, those 2 wires being something involved with the lockup of the TC.

soooo....ill be pulling the fender down and looking at all the wires on that harness.

He really felt that there were now uvc harness issues and that the problem is in between the tranny and the idm.

JRJ04

Reaction score
:rant well i pulled the fender down last night and looked at all the idm wires on the harness, looked at the connecting pins etc and couldnt find anything that seemed odd. Plugged it back in and still have that stupid light!!!:rant

It looks like the wiring harness thats goes onto the IDM connects to the PCM as well. Is this a single harness or do other wires feed into it as well? Things are taped up and I cant tell whats what. Im thinkin of swapping out the harnesses to see if that solves the problem.

Should I still try and run an injector buzz test? Are there any other tests that can be run on the IDM to find the root cause of this?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'd be looking more along where the wires go to the transmission...

JRJ04

Reaction score
tried pulling the chip off the pcm today to see if it changed anything...needless to say i eliminated it as being a problem as well.

Where do the wires run to the transmission?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14