Help Needed IDM Codes

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
drivers side of the bell-housing... check from there up along the bellhousing to the main loom

JRJ04

Reaction score
and I would assume this is not the wiring harness that plugs into the side of the transmission that looks like it has something to do with the gear shifter right?

im gonna go out and have a look right now.

JRJ04

Reaction score
man i crawled under there and found some wires that run along the top of the tranny housing and found a few sensors that plug into there. I unplugged them all and sprayed contact clearner on them and still have the light on. Maybe if it fixed anything i need to drive it some first.

Who knows. I found a pcm out of a wrecked truck for +- $100...im so frustrated im tempeted to buy the thing and stick it in there to see if it goes away.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
man i crawled under there and found some wires that run along the top of the tranny housing and found a few sensors that plug into there. I unplugged them all and sprayed contact clearner on them and still have the light on. Maybe if it fixed anything i need to drive it some first.

Who knows. I found a pcm out of a wrecked truck for +- $100...im so frustrated im tempeted to buy the thing and stick it in there to see if it goes away.

did you see if any were chaffed?

JRJ04

Reaction score
not that i could tell...but then again they are all wrapped up inside tape and other crap. could one of those sensors be bad or would that have set a separate code? I'll have to go back up under there and look at the wires more. Are there certain areas I should inspect more closely than others? Everything is practically insulated so I just dont know where it would rub.

JRJ04

Reaction score
is there a wiring diagram out there somewhere that i could look at and see which wires have to do with the TC? Maybe that would be a good place to start?:dunno

JRJ04

Reaction score
Well I have jiggled just about every wire under that truck. I have inspected each wire that goes to each of the 3 (maybe 4?) sensors that plug into the transmission, looked at the one on the passenger side as well. I cant see any areas where the wires looked like the rubbed. There was one spot that looked like it might have rubbed the frame so I went ahead and ripped the loom apart and the wires looked brand new inside with no blemishes whatsoever.

There is no possible way that a bad fuel gauge sending unit could cause this right? That was one of the codes that came up too, so I figured I just ask.

Is it possible it has nothing to do with the converter locking/unlocking? I'm just running out of ideas and this thing is driving me bonkers. I want that light off so that if something really is wrong and it comes on I won't ignore it.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to know which wires are the control wires for the tc under there? Want to check mine for filth and grease. does anyone know which wires they are?
thx

JRJ04

Reaction score
gotta bump this back up to the top again...does anyone know which wires under there affect the TC?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58