Intake modification Question

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Anybody got the link on how to remove the metal flap under the intake elbow?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Gee, THANKS, Bushpilot. I wanted the INSTRUCTIONS to print out. I would imagine that dropping METAL screws into the intake track would be a BAD idea. :roflmao :roflmao

Flopster843

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to remove the entire butterfly valve assy, and replace it with an 05+ elbow. It'll bolt right in place and give you a much better airflow. Especially if you get an aftermarket elbow.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, its close to the trash can now, but I'm not sure which intake elbow to buy.

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Ok....so this has sparked my interest.

So if I remove my current elbow, the butterfly valve just comes out and then I can bolt on an '05 elbow?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I don't know about very many elbows out there, but I am kinda partial to the Banks High Ram, It is much larger than stock, and easily outflows it, I also trust them, as I know they do all there own in house flow bench testing and have been around for years, there not just some new company trying to jump on the Diesel bandwagon, but, they are more expensive than others:cool:

bigtrxs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey f350drw1 you are right,the elbow on the 05+ trucks is taller.However flopster 843 is correct about removing the whole assembly,which is the elbow then removing the plate assembly and you will be able to put an 05+ elbow on a 03/04 model.
I read on another diesel forum that it will throw a code if it has one of the latest reflash.Maybe he can tell you a little more about it.But when I saw the pictures and they had the 03/04 elbow and valve assembly next to the stock 05/07 elbow it was the exact same hight.
Ill see if i can find where i seen it:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58