Intake modification Question

Flopster843

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how are you guys deleting your EGR's and how is it working out for you? Is it as simple as replacing it with a block off plate and disconnecting it???? I tried doing a search, but I couldn't get the search button to work...

Thanks

Some trucks will throw a code with the EGR unplugged. Mainly late ones. I'd say just unplug it and see if you get one. Mine has been unplugged for a long time with no code. Or you could get the SCT tuners from anybody that writes custom programs that deletes the EGR operation from the system.

As far as the manual block off there are several ways to do it. The easiest way would be to pull the passenger side up-pipe back and place a metal disk in there to block the flow, then reinstall the up-pipe. It looks stock but will be disabled. Some people cut the "T" fitting off of the up-pipe and weld it shut. And then I've seen several that have completely removed the EGR cooler from the engine. It helps with coolant flow around the oil cooler.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
egr delete kit consists of a new passenger side uppipe that has had the "t" cut off and welded smooth, and a plate to block off the other side of the egr.

i never got a code when i disconnected my egr, no light no code i aint complaining.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
egr delete kit consists of a new passenger side uppipe that has had the "t" cut off and welded smooth, and a plate to block off the other side of the egr.

i never got a code when i disconnected my egr, no light no code i aint complaining.
if you use the up-pipe with EGR delete, there is no need to use a block off plate, because you cut the tee off that connects to the EGR cooler.

the up-pipe is over 200.00, unless you use the one you have and modify it yourself.

OR, the block-off plate is 35.00, do the math.

over 200.00? versus 35.00. no brainer for me. an SCT tuner will delete the EGR or you could just unplug it.

i have had the up-pipe with EGR delete, mine broke, so i bought an SCT and will be using the block off plate.

F350R

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Why buy a $35.00 block off plate when you can use a $0.50 freeze plug? Just wondering is all, my .50 plug is working great. I also removed the intake butterfly while I was at it.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Why buy a $35.00 block off plate when you can use a $0.50 freeze plug? Just wondering is all, my .50 plug is working great. I also removed the intake butterfly while I was at it.

i got mine for free :D

but I would like to see what your looks like or one like it, very good idea too.:thumbs

i am not that mechanically inclined to have thought of that.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
if you use the up-pipe with EGR delete, there is no need to use a block off plate, because you cut the tee off that connects to the EGR cooler.

the up-pipe is over 200.00, unless you use the one you have and modify it yourself.

OR, the block-off plate is 35.00, do the math.

over 200.00? versus 35.00. no brainer for me. an SCT tuner will delete the EGR or you could just unplug it.

i have had the up-pipe with EGR delete, mine broke, so i bought an SCT and will be using the block off plate.

i was under the impression that the uppipe blocks the exhaust flow, and the block off plate was there to keep in the intake charge in case it gets past the egr valve somehow.. and i also didn't pay full price for my delete kit :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58