Intake modification Question

Flopster843

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The latest flashes remove the butterfly valve from the system. The only way you'll throw a code is if you have an early flash (which I highly doubt many people have) and if that's the case then you remove the electronic thing from the old valve assy and just plug it up. Here's a complete writeup on how to do it for clarification.

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Yeah.......the CFM one is $190. I have a machine shop buddy. I am going to see if maybe he can make one. Its a pretty basic piece.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
Ok....so this has sparked my interest.

So if I remove my current elbow, the butterfly valve just comes out and then I can bolt on an '05 elbow?

the butterfly is under the elbow. removing the elbow does not remove the butterfly. it is still in the manifold.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
I dont think so..they are taller, and all the aftermarket companies list a break point between 04 / 05. To remove butterfly, remove elbow, turn plate to closed position, remove 2 small torx screws, rotate valve to open, and pull plate straight up and out. Step by step instructions can be found @ Ford Truck Enthusiasts, 1948-2007 Ford F150, Super Duty & SUV owners community and information source. Covers F100, F-150, F250, Bronco, Ranger, Explorer, Expedition, Lighting, Escape and More

the 03 did not have the butterfly, and the i believe 05 and up has no butterfly. only us 04's had them i believe.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
I don't know about very many elbows out there, but I am kinda partial to the Banks High Ram, It is much larger than stock, and easily outflows it, I also trust them, as I know they do all there own in house flow bench testing and have been around for years, there not just some new company trying to jump on the Diesel bandwagon, but, they are more expensive than others:cool:

in my opinion banks is overpriced mass produced "deisel bandwagon" garbage. you can get the same if not better performance for less money from many other manufacturers.
CFM+ makes a very nice composite elbow.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
The latest flashes remove the butterfly valve from the system. The only way you'll throw a code is if you have an early flash (which I highly doubt many people have) and if that's the case then you remove the electronic thing from the old valve assy and just plug it up. Here's a complete writeup on how to do it for clarification.

uh.. hate to disagree, but there is no way that a simple "reflash" will open up your intake and unbolt your butterfly valve

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
in my opinion banks is overpriced mass produced "deisel bandwagon" garbage. you can get the same if not better performance for less money from many other manufacturers.
CFM+ makes a very nice composite elbow.

That's some funny stuff right there. :laffup

I NEVER said Banks was cheap, and yea you can get as good or maybe better performance for less $$$, and if you think they're "deisel bandwagon garbage" you sir, don't know jack crap about them, Gale Banks has been doing diesel performance for over 30 years. If they are on a bandwagon, it's because they started it.

ALL I said was, I am partial to Banks, meaning (I'll dumb it down), I like Banks, this is only my personal opinion, and in no way reflects the opinions of SDD.com , it's owners, moderators, or other members.

:nutkick:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58