Intake modification Question

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
in my opinion banks is overpriced mass produced "deisel bandwagon" garbage. you can get the same if not better performance for less money from many other manufacturers.
CFM+ makes a very nice composite elbow.

I've got some Banks components on my truck, and in my opinion [based on actual use and ownership of said components over the course of several years and several different trucks] is that they make a good product.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
just so i can understand this betterr. if you have the butterfly housing, are you wanted to remove it because it restricts airflow?

am i correct in assuming this? thanks.

and keano, i totally agree with ya.
Word.gif

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
That's some funny stuff right there. :laffup

I NEVER said Banks was cheap, and yea you can get as good or maybe better performance for less $$$, and if you think they're "deisel bandwagon garbage" you sir, don't know jack crap about them, Gale Banks has been doing diesel performance for over 30 years. If they are on a bandwagon, it's because they started it.

ALL I said was, I am partial to Banks, meaning (I'll dumb it down), I like Banks, this is only my personal opinion, and in no way reflects the opinions of SDD.com , it's owners, moderators, or other members.

:nutkick:

i really hate to bash banks, but the thing is he started out with all the right intentions. and yes he was a pioneer, there is no denying that.
but he got greedy in my opinion, and now he relies on his good name as an excuse to pump out part after part with a rediculously high mark up and rob us when he could be charging way less and still making a profit.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
just so i can understand this betterr. if you have the butterfly housing, are you wanted to remove it because it restricts airflow?

am i correct in assuming this? thanks.

and keano, i totally agree with ya.
Word.gif

yes, once the egr is bypassed/disconnected, the butterfly serves no other purpose than to obstruct airflow to the manifold.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
yes that is an option to disable it also. i've also got the replacement up-pipe and block off plate

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
bama that tailgate looks really sharp man !!!

have you put the new tail lights or mirrors on ??

crandallford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
how are you guys deleting your EGR's and how is it working out for you? Is it as simple as replacing it with a block off plate and disconnecting it???? I tried doing a search, but I couldn't get the search button to work...

Thanks

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
bama that tailgate looks really sharp man !!!

have you put the new tail lights or mirrors on ??

i have aftermarket LED taillights, those new 2008 taillights are ugly IMHO.

still thinking about doin the new powerscope mirrors, just no funds for it right now.

thanks for the compliments.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58