Introduction and already the first problem

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
rockcrawlin90 said:
Hello again,

the story ain´t over yet! After a few phonecalls the stealership admitted that the european computer has no access to most of the engines sensors. They are not able to have the HPOP pressure checked and they also cant check the injectors without removing them from the engine. The fuel pressure was checked via a handheld gauge at the return line so it´s no wonder that fuel pressure under acceleration goes down.
It took me some time but i finaly found a independent workshop that does all repairs ans services for the US Army Ford trucks at two big military training areas some 60mls away. They said they have the US computer that has all the access needed to check the engine completely. They are also quite familiar to the PSD. That sounds much better than the local dealer where some of the mecanics saw a F-Series for the first time.
As i picked up the truck at our local dealership i discovered some blue smoke (she didn´t do that before) at higher rev´s (above some 2000rpm) that smells like unburned diesel. Sounds more and more like messed up injectors....

Welcome to this site, one thing you might want to consider is getting your own dignostic (sp) software, that you can check all your Ford sensors. I don't have this yet but am saving to get this program for my truck and cars, check out this web site, www.autoenginuity.com

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Kansas makes a good point, there are several brands of software you can purchase to run on either a laptop or a palm device that will scan the sensors for you. Living where you do and seeing what type of help isnt available for you AND the fact that you seem to like to work on your own stuff makes having this equipment a feasable idea.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I may ask for the AutoEnginuity Scan tool pack as a birthday gift this year,so much diagnostics you can do it's not funny.:sweet

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
I may ask for the AutoEnginuity Scan tool pack as a birthday gift this year,so much diagnostics you can do it's not funny.:sweet

I got mine for Christmas!:D Recommend it highly. I have to run the "super logging" version but that will be fixed soon I'm sure, maybe I should go check for an update.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Did you just get the software,serial and the Ford OBD II cable?

Laptop software with USB cables for OBD and SCI(Chrysler). I upgraded to the domestic package and can do all the big three.:sweet

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
Well considering I have wanted it for a year now, I have been asking for it for that long. Finally got a laptop and was about to buy it and my wifes VW took ill and I bought the Vag-Com software for the VW ( told her I couldn't work on it without it) Just waiting for the truck to throw a problem my way that I can't figure out on my own or on the forum, then I will have to buy it.:sweet

But for RC90 I think it would be a major plus to have it now :thumbs

rockcrawlin90

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. As i see theese things are quite affordable in the US. Hey guys, you don´t know how lucky you are. Not too long ago i asked a lockal dealer of the biggest car electric company in germany (Bosch) for a Diagnostic computer with the whole bunch of cables and software......18 grand for the hardware and 300 bucks each month for the software updates. Guess why i haven´t got my own yet.
@ 95-Stroker, you´re right, i´m that type of guy that wants to do everything on his own and i´m also the type of guy.....well lets say if something moves faster than i can walk i want to sit behind the wheel:D

rockcrawlin90

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Haven´t heared from me for a while? Well here´s what happened in the last few weeks.
The dalership called a test engineer from the german Ford headquarter in colounge which is specialized in US-Ford. He traveled the 600mls down to bavaria to have a look and guess what.....NOTHING! All that dealership stuff was a waste of time and burning money (2 grand for serching our problem and finding nothing -mad !)
I was quite busy in theese days but after that i talked to my busyness partners to give me some time to work on our cutie.
The first thing i wantet to know was the fuel pressure whenn the problem occures. I had a close look at the fuel system and discovered that the shrader valve is not the ideal place to take of the fuel pressure. I cut down the old main fuel line at the outlet of the fuel pump and put in a t-pice, some fuel hose and a tyre pressure gauge. Gues what.....Fuel pressure went to zero!
The next thing, i wantet to know weather there is air in the fuel line. For this i simply took a longer clear hose. Guess what....more bubbles than fuel!
Now after installing a new fuel filter housing and a new lift punp our PSD runs fine again and after shimming the FPR.....well 9.4 from zero to 60 and a top speed of almost 120mph is a word for a truck running on 35" Rubber and having a 3.54 axle ratio i think :D
I´VE GOT HER BACK! (Lets go to work baby ;) )
Thanx to all of you guys for your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg