Introduction and already the first problem

rockcrawlin90

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Aaaahh you can see the oil coming out of the injectors. That makes things much easyer. At a V8 it´s realy hard to say if there is one cylinder "missing" at idle especially when it´s a intermitted problem. With our common inline fourbangers this is MUCH easyer.
A CPS is already on the way over the pond. As i read they seem to be one of the main Problems of this engine.

@ happeetxn: Somehow i´m familiar with that. My grandma (may she rest in peace) was from Houston TX:thumbs

clem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible your chip contacts need cleaned?Also check your wires for IPR and the tin nut.If it skips at a certain temp its possible that your Engine oil temp sensor is messing up(changing rpm). I hope you get it cured with the new CPS.If not there's a couple more things to look at. Good Luck

rockcrawlin90

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, somehow i don´t think it´s the CPS. The Tachometer works which i think schould be a indicator for a good CPS cause it uses the same signal.
I also pulled the chip out and had a test ride. The problem came later (at harder acceleration/steeper grades) but it wasstill there.
At the moment the truck is pluged to the dealers computer. let´s see what the memory says.

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
Hey welcome I have the exact same problem with my 97 psd, unplugg you icp sensor and then drive your truck till the problem would normally come up, the sensor is located on the front of the drivers side head, this will make the cel come on but it will not hurt anything, by doing this it takes the sensor out of the loop and the computer adjusts the pressure according to other inputs like throttle position and engine speed. If this should fix your problem replace the icp sensor. It fixed mine.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MUDWHISTLE said:
Hey welcome I have the exact same problem with my 97 psd, unplugg you icp sensor and then drive your truck till the problem would normally come up, the sensor is located on the front of the drivers side head, this will make the cel come on but it will not hurt anything, by doing this it takes the sensor out of the loop and the computer adjusts the pressure according to other inputs like throttle position and engine speed. If this should fix your problem replace the icp sensor. It fixed mine.

Read this thread HERE --I posted a picture of where the ICP sensor is.

rockcrawlin90

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Guess what the computer said!?
NOTHING! (eccept from a power source skip caused by pulling the chip)-mad

Good tip on the IPR Sensor, i´ll try that!

BJS also wrote something about O-Rings inside the IPR that can wear out. Maaanny things to be checked......

I´ll let you know if i find something.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
rockcrawlin90 said:
BJS also wrote something about O-Rings inside the IPR that can wear out. Maaanny things to be checked......

I´ll let you know if i find something.

Dont know if you have seen the following page for IPR disassembly and rebuild tips or not. But its worth a read.

Click here.:sweet

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
rockcrawlin90 said:
Well i guess in time i´ll have a complete overhaul manual for the PSD together.

Ain´t that article something for your WIKI?

Whats WIKI?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg