Introduction and already the first problem

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
BJS said:
Bezüglich der Engländer, die schlecht sind, bin ich sicher, dass das etwas nicht schlechter als mein Deutsch

Ist Ihr deutsches Schlechtes? Ihr Englisch ist gut genug, auf stolz zu sein. Bevor ich vergesse, begrüßen Sie zu dieser Web site.

:dunno :D

rockcrawlin90

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does the 7.3 PSD use different sensors for the coolant temp gauge and the computer? The gauge never showed anything else but normal but the computer gets a temperature signal way above that as my dealer says.
Could that be problem? The computer "thinks" the engine is too hot and simply cuts the electrical circuit to some injectors or is it maybe just lowering the injection pressure?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
rockcrawlin90 said:
Does the 7.3 PSD use different sensors for the coolant temp guage and the computer?
I believe they do but someone correct me if I am wrong. One is on the front of the engine and the other is on the back if I recall correctly.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes the computer gets temp from a different location than the guage I know the guage gets the signal from the sensor on the waterpump.

I'm not sure if the computer uses a coolant temp sensor or relies entirely on the engine oil temperature... Joat has been using the EOT to modify the injection timing to allow for colder starts without using the glow plugs.

hheynow,
sein Englisch ist lieber als mein Deutsch, obwohl mein Deutsch sobald auf ein Jahr besser war, als ich in der Lage war, es regelmässig zu verwenden. Ich lernte Deutsch teilweise, weil ich dort geboren war und das in die Schule nicht spanisch war, obwohl das heute nützlicher sein könnte

rockcrawlin90

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I hope my english gets better by using it more often here. Anyway it seems you guys here knew what i meant ´till now.

Ich hätte nie gedacht das hier so viele Leute sind die deutsch können.

rockcrawlin90

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well next step in finding my studder Problem: the new Temp sensor gives the same readings as the old one. 255°F on normal running temperature. I wish i had more time to find what she has. I really miss her.....

rockcrawlin90

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Oh boy, i hope you´ve got better workshop´s over there. The guy that started to work on our truck is sick, the next one gone on vacation and now finaly they found out (after almost three weeks!) that the fuel pressure under load is going near zero. Now they check the lift pump.....

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well at least it turned out to be something relatively simple. if you're careful you do not have to remove the turbo to replace the lift pump (unless you have a model with a pulse dampener which would be a US cali emission model), even though the factory service manuals tell you that you need to. all you need is the correctly sized wrench in a 12 point form that has a slight angle to it and you can make progress. IMHO it was much easier than pulling the turbo.

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
Grusse von Santa Barbara, Ca. Hoffentlich wird alles wieder in ordnung mit deinem F350 in einigen tagen seien. Ford macht fahr fergnuegen wenn alles richtig lauft. :D
(entschuldigung, Ich habe keine umlauts, und mein Deutsch is sehr rostig)
Hast du deinen wagen von einen Ami gekauft? Bin nur neugierig. Ich wohnte in die nahe von Tegernsee, und Muenchen, aber das wahr mehrere yahren her...
Vielen gluck mit deinem wagen, und Ich habe auch „Bist du verruckt? Lass mich raus!“ oft gehoert. :thumbs

Nothing of any value to add to the post, just wanted to practice my German and say Hi

Al

rockcrawlin90

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello again,

the story ain´t over yet! After a few phonecalls the stealership admitted that the european computer has no access to most of the engines sensors. They are not able to have the HPOP pressure checked and they also cant check the injectors without removing them from the engine. The fuel pressure was checked via a handheld gauge at the return line so it´s no wonder that fuel pressure under acceleration goes down.
It took me some time but i finaly found a independent workshop that does all repairs ans services for the US Army Ford trucks at two big military training areas some 60mls away. They said they have the US computer that has all the access needed to check the engine completely. They are also quite familiar to the PSD. That sounds much better than the local dealer where some of the mecanics saw a F-Series for the first time.
As i picked up the truck at our local dealership i discovered some blue smoke (she didn´t do that before) at higher rev´s (above some 2000rpm) that smells like unburned diesel. Sounds more and more like messed up injectors....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg