IS this a Good Air Horn Kit??

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
hey stephen and architect..... did y'all use a DPST on/off switch, or a DPST on/off/on switch?? the only DPST switches I can find around here are the O/F/O. I don't need a the center off, b/c I'll never wanna disable my horn completely (unless you can convince me otherwise)..... Thanks.

--Ryan

i used the air valve that is on one of my post up above. the flow of air goes straight thru it. i did not use a sol. to open the flow of air. so mine is allways ready to go. hope that helps some. i think shadow grey's dump switch is to dump the air out of the tank completely, but i could be wrong.

i really have never seen that before. i have a drain valve on my 5 gal. tank that is mounted to the frame, just to let out any moisture that builds up.

i would shadow's dump switch is for the same reason.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
hey ryan, i dont know if it will help much, but here is a diagram that was emailed to me, when i was having trouble hookin my stuff up.

Lifted94XLT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yes, that will help thanks..... ah, and for future reference, its a SPDT switch that is needed for my idea, not a DPST as stated above.

Lifted94XLT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
by chance, does anybody know what color the horn wire is under the dash that I can tap into ('04 250)?? I'm gonna try and start at least wiring in everything this week since its unseasonably warm out.

--Ryan

Lifted94XLT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok, it seems like it has been forever, but I FINALLY got them installed and working, and MAN, I love them. I ended up wiring it just how I planned (of course my super cool switch location ended up not workin out, so I'm gonna have to find a new place for them, they're hangin right now). They're pretty loud, and except for one small leak (which is easily fixed, just haven't had time) works Great. I'll try and get some pics, and maybe a sound clip later on this week. it y'all are interested.

--Ryan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg