Help Needed ISSPRO Turbo Timer help needed

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I got the turbo timer in the mail today and went to install it. I have hooked everything up like the instructions stated.

I took it down the road for a few miles to let the temps get up and when I came back and I turned off the ignition, it did not continue to run until a safe temp. was reached.

I connected the leads off the timer to the thermocouple leads (it was an option if you already had a pyro installed) like it said I could. It's grounded and I taped into the vehicle ignition switch (same one as the gauges are hooked up to)

Can't figure it out.:dunno

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are your gauges connected to a key-on only ignition source or to the headlight switch since the only thing gauges need power for are the lights? Without looking at the wiring diagram I would think the turbo timer would need to be connect to constant power source in the ignition so it can continue to operate once the ignition is off.
I am trying to remember what my gauges are wired to but I believe it is the headlight power source.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Kevin, that makes sense. Yes I connected it to the gauge source (ignition, key on)

So besides running it out to the battery, where else can I hook up at?

I do have a distribution block from the battery (fused) behind the fuse panel. I think
I will tap into that.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The batt + goes to the battery + (duh) and the ignition goes to the IGN SW. I would not use the Disable Switch. You can add it later if you want. Should work if you did the field adjustment on page two.

Dave

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
OK, so I need to keep the ignition switch part hooked up and then run a separate wire to the batt. +

The later I did not do. Thanks Dave.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That distribution box should be good for the constant power (batt +)
I would then use a test light and find a spot in the fuse box that is only on when the ignition is on.
I am no wiring expert here but it seems like the ign switch wire must close when you shut off the ignition to activate the turbo timer, then it must run off the temp from the thermocoupler and when it senses the correct temp it opens the ign switch to turn it off. Seems to be fancy dancy relay switch.

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
Another term for Batt +is "Hot at all times" or" Circ 30". This can be either tapped in straight from the Battery or off the fuse Box off a hot circ. The Ign is circ is Circ 15 which means "Hot with ignition key on. A test light can be used to determine this. If the light goes out with the key out and back on with the Key turned to the run pos then that Circ 15 a good one for the IGN portion of the Turbo Temp Unit. The Ground of Course (Circ31) Can Be put anywhere however there is a convent factory ground spot just left of the Steering Coulum where there are two Eyelets already grounded. I would probably go there making it easy to find in the future.

I might put this same device on my truck please post how this goes.
PHX;tu

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58