Help Needed ISSPRO Turbo Timer help needed

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I would think that you need to have a pryo gauge so that the device knows when it hits the 300 degrees, otherwise how does it know that its at the right temp to shut down.

Not so Kevin. You can do this several different ways.

From Diesel Manors site:
NOTE: Recommended thermocouple location is post turbo (exhaust down-pipe). If your existing pyrometer thermocouple is pre turbo (exhaust manifold or up-pipe) we recommend that you purchase one of the kits below. If you already have a Pyrometer, we recommend that you give us a call to verify that it will be suitable for use with the TTM. If your down pipe already has a 1/8"NPT threaded bushing installed you can use the R4130-AT kit and change the thread size on the thermocouple by purchasing an adapter fitting, part number R683.The ISSPRO TTM will not work with the BD XMonitor.

The sensors in the Turbo Temp Monitor can read the exhaust temps without having a pyro gauge. This is how I understand it, but I may be wrong.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I get ya now, I forgot that it comes with its own thermocoupler. I should have gone back and read your first post!

Well, the timer doesn't come with it, you can buy it seperately. You can get a thermocouple that screws in the down pipe after you weld in a fitting, or you can buy a band clamp style thermocouple for the down pipe.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the guts of the timer. Red arrow is pointing to the trimmer.

100_1315.jpg

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic Bama. By the way would you recommend I go with the weld fitting or the band type thermocouple? My thoughts are the welded on fitting.
PHX;tu

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic Bama. By the way would you recommend I go with the weld fitting or the band type thermocouple? My thoughts are the welded on fitting.
PHX;tu

Well, I really can't recommend since I didn't use either one. I connected mine to the thermocouple on the pyro gauge.

If I had to choose between the 2, I guess I would go with the clamp on style, because I can drill the hole. I think it would be more added expense to have to drop the down-pipe and then take it to someone to weld the bushing on.

Now if you have a welder and the right tools to do it with, then that is the way I would go.

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
Well, I really can't recommend since I didn't use either one. I connected mine to the thermocouple on the pyro gauge.

If I had to choose between the 2, I guess I would go with the clamp on style, because I can drill the hole. I think it would be more added expense to have to drop the down-pipe and then take it to someone to weld the bushing on.

Now if you have a welder and the right tools to do it with, then that is the way I would go.
I was thinking about going to a Muffler shop and perhaps having them weld it on. I am kinda under the impression that the clamp on is DYI friendly. If the band type dont leak maybe I'll go that way, just looks like it might not hold up long.
PHX;tu

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
One of the extra feature of the turbo temp monitor is to add a disable switch so you can turn the monitor off when needed.

I never thought it would be neccessary for me, but after you go thru several drive-thru's and have to wait for the truck to turn off because they "can't hear you" gets old quick.

So I added a "DRIVE THRU" switch tonight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58