Help Needed ISSPRO Turbo Timer help needed

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
Hey Kevin. I kinda let it go for a few days. I went and bought a test light and the red wire with black trace that I had tied into makes the test light turn on when I key it on and it goes off when I key it off. But when I hook the wiring up, the truck does not conitue to run, even after a good run. I did trim the temp all the way down, which is at 300* I believe.

So I am confused. Still don't have it hooked up right or something. I did poke the test light into a wire next to the red wire with black trace (I think it was yellow, it was dark outside) and it turned the test light on when I keyed up and went off when I keyed it off.

I didn't hook up the timer to it, I may do that tomorrow and see what happens.
I have called twice and sent an email to Dieselmanor to see if they could help but no responses yet.
I think if you splice into that wire the the IGN termanal of the ISSPRO you will Have it. When you turned on that test Light with the Key thats the Ign Switch closing allowing 12v to the Circ 15 stuff, when you turn the key off this opens the switch turning your light off. Your ISSPRO is gonna be spliced into that wire so that when your EGT is higher than 300F your switch at the Key will be opened BUT the Batt+ from the ISSPRO will go into the ISSPRO and come right out of the IGN termal when the ISSPRO reads over 300f. Once to temp is below 300f the ISSPRO will open the Circuit inside and the IGN termanl of the ISSPRO will put out 0v and the Engine will shut off. I think you have the right wire Bama.
PHX

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
I need to verify that I DID NOT buy this from Dieselmanor.com

I bought off of ebay. Listed as new and never used and I believe that to be true.

I was just trying to get a hold of DM to see if they could help out. Since I didn't from them they may not.:dunno
Fair Enough, I think you Got it though. You could call ISSPRO or E-Mail them, however if that wire that turned on and off your test light was not spliced into the IGN it probably would not keep your Eng running. I belive there is one of the ISSPRO engineers on this fourm I will find him and PM him about this.
PHX

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Fair Enough, I think you Got it though. You could call ISSPRO or E-Mail them, however if that wire that turned on and off your test light was not spliced into the IGN it probably would not keep your Eng running. I belive there is one of the ISSPRO engineers on this fourm I will find him and PM him about this.
PHX

Thanks, that would help.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I have done some more poking around with the light tester. There are 3 yellow wires, the smaller one only has power when you turn the key. The other 2 are hot all the time. So I am going to tie into the smaller yellow wire and see what happens.

I called ISSPRO and there ONE person who could help will not be back in the office until 7-27-09. :rant

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
Way to go

So I suppose you trim it till it shuts down at 300, Can you post a pick of the trimmer too?
Congrats on the Victory.
PHX

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
So I suppose you trim it till it shuts down at 300, Can you post a pick of the trimmer too?
Congrats on the Victory.
PHX

After I got it hooked up right, I drove it for about 3 or 4 miles to get it good and hot. Pulled it in the shop while it was running. When the temp hit around 325 to 350 I turned the key off (truck still running mind you) and then trimmed the timer til the truck turned off.

I then took it back out for another run, came home and then turned the key off (truck still running) and a few minutes later it shut off.

This product does come set at 300*(some dude at ISSPRO was able to tell me that much)

I will try and take a pic tomorrow. It's a very small thingy on a circuit board. I couldn't find it the first time I took the cover off.

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
After I got it hooked up right, I drove it for about 3 or 4 miles to get it good and hot. Pulled it in the shop while it was running. When the temp hit around 325 to 350 I turned the key off (truck still running mind you) and then trimmed the timer til the truck turned off.

I then took it back out for another run, came home and then turned the key off (truck still running) and a few minutes later it shut off.

This product does come set at 300*(some dude at ISSPRO was able to tell me that much)

I will try and take a pic tomorrow. It's a very small thingy on a circuit board. I couldn't find it the first time I took the cover off.
I might just go ahead and get one since its set to 300f. Cant really afford gauges right now, but Id like a shut down device or Timer.
PHX

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might just go ahead and get one since its set to 300f. Cant really afford gauges right now, but Id like a shut down device or Timer.
PHX

I would think that you need to have a pryo gauge so that the device knows when it hits the 300 degrees, otherwise how does it know that its at the right temp to shut down.

Stephen, I think I was backwards. I was thinking that you need to find a circuit that is hot when the key is off in order to power the turbo timer. I see now that its the other way around. There is a wire that provides power to the unit and in turn it keeps the juice going to the trucks ignition switch until the proper temp is reached then the circuit is closed and the truck is shut down. :doh:
Glad you got it figured out. :sweet

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
The shut down divice used the same thermocouple as the EGT gauge. It's set a 300f at the factory so it should shut the eng down at a good temp. Later I will use the same Thermocouple for an ISSPRO EGT gauge.

To answer your question the thermocouple will tell the ISSPRO when to shut off the Circ 15 voltage.

PHX

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58