Help Needed ISSPRO Turbo Timer help needed

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
OK, I tied into a known ignition switch right under the steering column (red wire with black trace) When I would cut the truck off, the engine would not run, but the pyro & tranny gauges would stay at the temp they were when the truck was idling. The air condition would also stay running.

I figures that wasn't good, so I disconnected where I had tied into the ignition switch.

I am going to try checking with a test light as suggested and see what happens.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
If the ac stayed on but the engine died it sounds like you are simply tied into the wrong ignition wire

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
OK, I tied into a known ignition switch right under the steering column (red wire with black trace) When I would cut the truck off, the engine would not run, but the pyro & tranny gauges would stay at the temp they were when the truck was idling. The air condition would also stay running.

I figures that wasn't good, so I disconnected where I had tied into the ignition switch.

I am going to try checking with a test light as suggested and see what
happens.
I reviewed the ISSPRO instruction Diagram once again, Once Again I Believe that the IGN wire part of the device just allows the Circ 15 devices to keep running. Part of what that IGN switch does is turn elect power to parts of the Truck that are not always. Example the A/C. Once the thermocouple get to it's preset Temp the ISSPRO should interrupt the (Circ 15) Circuit just like you would if you turned the key off.

Anyway clamp one end of the test light to the ground (There are a few good grounds under that dash, then poke the insulation of the wires to the ignition switch one by one till you get the one that turns the test light on and off when you turn the key on and off . This should be a good size wire like the Batt +. If I'm not mistaken the unit basically allows Circ 15 while the exhaust temp is above the pre set level. The Batt + Power ends up coming out of the IGN terminal of ISSPRO when this unit reads high temp from the Thermocouple, once the Thermocouple reads (say 300) then the ISSPRO opens the circ 15 just like the switch did in the first place the engine and (Circ 15 accessories like your A/C blower will turn off). My Guess is that the ISSPRO had a MOSFET transistor, (Designed for reasonably high current to deliver the Batt + out the IGN portion of the unit at the high temps.

The instructions also state that Field Adjustments are to be made to the trimmer. I see Gas listed at 600f. If you are set up at 600F I suppose your exhaust would have to be mighty hot to stay running, If your already hooked up right, them you might want to try trimming the ISSPRO. The instructions say you have to remove the cover to turn the trimmer.

I think the ISSPRO instructions kinda suck after reading this. They should give you some wire colors to tap into and have a pic of the ISSPRO so you can see the trimmer. :rant
PHX;tu

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
It sounds like phx250 has a handle on it, read his last 2 posts real slow, taking it a step at a time, and i think you'll get it. You need on constant "hot" wire, and one keyed"hot" wire, and it should work fine. But don't forget to "trim" it too!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I think the ISSPRO instructions kinda suck after reading this. They should give you some wire colors to tap into and have a pic of the ISSPRO so you can see the trimmer.
PHX

This is what I need. I am A visual person. I need a picture and a wire color.

I will try it again tomorrow. I didn't perform a "trimming" of the ISSPRO and there in maybe my mistake. I was reading the instructions as if it was preset for the diesel at 300*

I will hook the ignition wire back up to the switch I had it at and trim the settings for a diesel engine.

I appreciate all the help and will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get thing figured out or did you set it aside for now while you hooked up the other new toy you have? I have been thinking about getting one so I would appreciate some feedback when you get a chance

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Hey Kevin. I kinda let it go for a few days. I went and bought a test light and the red wire with black trace that I had tied into makes the test light turn on when I key it on and it goes off when I key it off. But when I hook the wiring up, the truck does not conitue to run, even after a good run. I did trim the temp all the way down, which is at 300* I believe.

So I am confused. Still don't have it hooked up right or something. I did poke the test light into a wire next to the red wire with black trace (I think it was yellow, it was dark outside) and it turned the test light on when I keyed up and went off when I keyed it off.

I didn't hook up the timer to it, I may do that tomorrow and see what happens.

I have called twice and sent an email to Dieselmanor to see if they could help but no responses yet.

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
Hey Kevin. I kinda let it go for a few days. I went and bought a test light and the red wire with black trace that I had tied into makes the test light turn on when I key it on and it goes off when I key it off. But when I hook the wiring up, the truck does not conitue to run, even after a good run. I did trim the temp all the way down, which is at 300* I believe.

So I am confused. Still don't have it hooked up right or something. I did poke the test light into a wire next to the red wire with black trace (I think it was yellow, it was dark outside) and it turned the test light on when I keyed up and went off when I keyed it off.

I didn't hook up the timer to it, I may do that tomorrow and see what happens.

I have called twice and sent an email to Dieselmanor to see if they could help but no responses yet.

I plan on Buying one After I get the new tires for my Truck. I would like to get a hold of a Ford Wireing Diagram for the Ign Switch. Yeah those ISSPRO instructions Suck. Diesel Manor makes it sound as if they are by your side with tech support. I will probably take some pics on my install. The only thing for me is I dont have a EGT Gauge so I wont know where to trim it. Might have to wait till I'm ready to install the Gauges First.
PHX;tu

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I plan on Buying one After I get the new tires for my Truck. I would like to get a hold of a Ford Wireing Diagram for the Ign Switch. Yeah those ISSPRO instructions Suck. Diesel Manor makes it sound as if they are by your side with tech support. I will probably take some pics on my install. The only thing for me is I dont have a EGT Gauge so I wont know where to trim it. Might have to wait till I'm ready to install the Gauges First.
PHX;tu

I need to verify that I DID NOT buy this from Dieselmanor.com

I bought off of ebay. Listed as new and never used and I believe that to be true.

I was just trying to get a hold of DM to see if they could help out. Since I didn't from them they may not.:dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58