ITS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ITS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!needs an engine

yup its
dead.gif

ok well i got the replacement injector today.put it in and fired it up.i moved it outside to let run.while walking back in the shop i noticed antifreeze pissing out of it somewhere.so i walk back and open the hood.its comeing from the radiator cap.truck only ran for about 5 minutes.radiator hose was hard as a rock.so i figured the thermostat was bad so i replaced and after fighting with a broken bolt i get it runnin again only to do the same thing.i let it run long enough to do a CCT on it and now it comes up with cyl 1 contribution/balance fault!! WTF?!!!!!!!! well the injector with the crackednozzle was #1.so now im in the process of pulling the head.it should not be pressureizing the coolant system as fast as it is.only thing i can come up with at the moment is the piece of nozzle was still in the cylinder and somehow cracked the head.cuz while turning over you can hear the starter strain as usual then it woofs out the intake and spins real easy for a second.

-mad -mad -mad -mad -mad :rant :rant :rant :rant
brick.gif
fork.gif

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
oh no!

rich-
that is not good. i will make small animal sacrifices tonite with hopes that you troubles will be something eazy and cheap to fix.

dennis

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well with 328k miles on it anything is possible. Hope its not to expensive to fix.

Luke

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
the truck has 345,000 now but the engine is out of a 97 e350 that had 128,000 miles on it from a bus company

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What a bummer. I'm sure you will get her up and going and fill us all in on what happened. We need to learn together. It's good talking to you again even in this situation.
Dann

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
welcome dann,glad you came over!hopefully you will notice the cleaner air around here and stay a while :sweet

i definately keep everybody up to date with the problems on my truck,its the superdutydiesel way!!!:thumbs

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Man that sucks. That #1 hole has been a PITA huh.

Get pics of the carnage when torn down.-popcorn

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ill sadly have pictures of it unfortunately.i gotta go work on another members truck in the morning then i gotta figure out an oil pressure issue on my buddies 4 car carrier and then back to my truck :(

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
if it needs an engine it will most likely get scrapped as i dont have the money for another motor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg