ITS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
well i thought positive and even wore my super duty diesel shirt but i need an engine.missing a huge chunk of piston on number1.but there are no marks on the head :confused: .cant even hone it and stuff a new piston and rings in that cylinder as it huas a couple deep scores in the cylinder wall.unfortunately i dont have the money for another motor and have no idea how much it would cost to bore it and new pistons if that can even be done.unless something good happens soon it may get scrapped as id be lucky if i could get 3 grand for it needing a motor.

when does this karma thing kick in or when does the what goes around comes around start comeing back around?ive been good to all my friends and family but i always end up with the bad happening to me.if that stuff were true i should have enough good comeing to me to last 2 lifetimes:confused: :(

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
That's a bummer!:(

No marks on the head?:confused: Got a valve spring compressor to see what the exhaust valve and seat look like? I have no idea.:dunno Did it melt away?:eek:

Hopefully things will turn around for ya!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
since im on the rebuild possibility subject

what the going price for rod and main bearings?complete gasket set?how often do the cam amd lifters go bad?the engine only has about 135,000 miles on it now.think id be good to go with a new bore,pistons,rings and rod and main bearings?assumeing the block or a head isnt cracked? its probably cheaper to go for a used engine?how about a short block reman if my heads are good?

pistons-500
head studs-800
gaskets-????
rod and main bearings-???

all i got to say is WHY ME?!?!?!?!??!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i probably could but if im gonna tear into it i might as well do it right with all 8 cylinders done,bearings and head studs.im sure to have it sleeved the whole engine needs to be disasembled so if thats the case there is only one way to do it,the right way in wich i dont have the money for.

if i wasnt such a nice guy to a few friends i would have the money for it.being nice is a good thing but sometimes it aint worth it -mad

but the chewed piston and no marks on the head still dont explain why it was pressurizeing the cooling system the way it was.while crankin it over to pop the head seal it had some serious steeam/smoke coming out of the heater hose nipple.so i either have a craked block or head,or something wrong on the drivers side of the engine.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
The steam isn't a good thing.

Cam and lifters usually don't go bad unless one of the rollers seizes. Alot of big reman co. like AER reuse lifters and cams on roller engines like the PSD.

I can get a pretty good deal on parts from the machine shop I used to work for, ask Tubbz about the lifters I just got for him.

As for sleeving the one hole, I've done it, but didn't like doing it. The press fit on the sleeved hole eggshapes the cylinder next to it. A hone that has diamond stones can fix that skippy but it has to be diamonds. Vetrified stones would take too long to get it round ending up with a slightly larger hole. Also the block would need to be decked to do it right.

Mahle makes a +.010 size too but may be a little harder to find. Diamond stones would be needed to hone it +.010 since you can't bore that small of an amount.

Don't forget you'd need cam bearings too if you bored it and such. The crank would prolly be fine, maybe a slight polish job. I can look into a rebuild kit if you like. Let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl