ITS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
OK here's some pictures of #7.now it has been my experience with blown head gaskets/cracked heads that the cleanest piston is the cylinder where the gasket blew or the head cracked.according to that philosophy i would say it was at #7 as the other 3 are black.the valves were wiped with a rag and thats how clean those were.the other valves wouldnt wipe clean:dunno :confused:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
thanx luke but it is a little too far.:sweet :thanks

well i pulled the motor tonight.found my slightly low boost issue as the passengers up pipe slid right out of the collector.popped #1 piston out.its melted not hammered so the chunk of nozzle wasnt in the cylinder.only thing i can think that may have melted it was driving for a couple weeks when it had the fuel knock before the nozzle finally split.#5 has what appears to be bubbles in the top of it indicateing that it too has seen some high heatstill havent found the coolant issue yet.i havent pulled the other head yet either.but the crank and bearings look almost perfect.no evidence of a bent rod,they all look straight.

what is the max oversize that i can bore it to?will it be ok with a .020 overbore?tomorrow if i have a chance im gonna completely disassemble it and find out what it will cost me to have it checked for cracks and what size over bore it will need to get the scores out of #1 assumeing 2,4,6,8 are fine.maybe ill get lucky and the scores can be cleaned up and stay with a standard bore.i doubt it though.maybe i can get out of this with rod/main/cam bearings,.020 pitons/rings,oil pump and a gasket set :(

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
heres a few pictures of the piston.ill try to get some better pictures in the morning

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
well i found another used motor with 120K on it.dont know how much the guy wants for it yet,gotta call him back.its out of a 97 f350 so it might possibly have a set of split shot injectors in it that i could send off to BDP for a deal on something :dunno

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
the motor is 1200.00.i gave him 100.00 to hold it for me as thats all i have.he is another good friend of mine.said if i had something he could hold onto i could take the engine today.but i dont have anything to give him never mind the other 1100.00:( :( the few people that would help me get it cant cuz they dont have the money to give me.the one that owes me the most is basicly worthless -mad

i did pull the other head today,not a thing wrong on the drivers side.so the coolant issue still has me screwed up as i cant find a crack anywhere in the block or head.:dunno but i am suspecting it has to do with #7 as the other 7 pistons are black and wont wipe clean.gonna call the machine shop to see what its gonna cost to have the block and heads checked for cracked and have it bored or sleeved.i figure ill slowly rebuild it this summer so i either have a spare motor or i can get the rest of the wireing i need to stuff it in my 94 super duty.:dunno

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can have it sleeved.i sleeved all 8 of mine for $100 a hole.
he bored it out to 40ths and it would clean up and did want to bore anymore said the walls would be thin for a street engene.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
if i sleeve one shouldnt i do all 8?if so thatll be around 800.00.if i bore it it will probably be around 40.00 each wich is 320.this is assumeing the block isnt cracked

Wreckaboy1

Too Short Towing
Reaction score
Rich, i would have helped you remove themotor, but im useless , too darn short to help twist the motor. i'd be better off running the jack unless the handle was one of those that has it higher up:thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg