Japan Earthquake and Tsunami......

Fine69

Reaction score
There's 2 Nukes being built right now in Georgia. I was offered a job at the Savannah River Site. I turned it down, the Wife didn't want to move away from family.

dpantazis

Reaction score
"The nukes dropped on Japan resulted in 100,000 contaminated survivors. Of that number, 500 died prematurely from that exposure." That is note the number killed by the blast mind you.

"Of the 800,000 people effected by Chernobyl, WHO estimates that 4,000 will die from cancer due to radiation."

"It is estimated that 250,000 will die in the U.S. alone each year from air pollution and particulates, 20-30,000 from fossil fuel-based pollutants."

Is Japan a concern? Yes. Is it the worst disaster ever? Not even close.

There is also a difference in radiation and contamination. Radiation passes through you , it does not stay anywhere. Energy is passed to atoms in your body and that is the damage. Contamination are clumps of atoms. Mostly, they need to get into your body to do damage. You have to breath them or eat them. Then they continue to emit radiation and continue to do damage. The body can repair some damage, but also can be overwhelmed. This is when you get radiation sickness.

more reading here-
About Radiation

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for the sake of Discussion.

Depending on the outcome of the current nuclear incidents.. there will probably be, Billions+ spent, on upgrades to existing Nuclear Power Plants, in a time, world wide, when WE (especially the US) don't have the Billions to spend.

Who will pay ?

It's not about shutting down what we have.. It's about Thinking, real, real hard, about any further [Nuclear] Energy projects.

The "Pay Back", in the event that the "Worst Case Scenario" we THINK, BUILD and PLAN for, is exceeded..... (And Mother Nature can do that.. In A New York Minute) Just Ain't Worth It, anymore.

JMHO.

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Just for the sake of Discussion.

Depending on the outcome of the current nuclear incidents.. there will probably be, Billions+ spent, on upgrades to existing Nuclear Power Plants, in a time, world wide, when WE (especially the US) don't have the Billions to spend.

Who will pay ?

It's not about shutting down what we have.. It's about Thinking, real, real hard, about any further [Nuclear] Energy projects.

The "Pay Back", in the event that the "Worst Case Scenario" we THINK, BUILD and PLAN for, is exceeded..... (And Mother Nature can do that.. In A New York Minute) Just Ain't Worth It.

JMHO.

Well sadly from all the crap happenin in Japan, we prob will be updating our nuke plants. And sounds like WE will be payin for it. If they are hikin up taxes that damn power plant better be painted FORD BLUE with a big ole FORD sign on it! :sly

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
The "Pay Back", in the event that the "Worst Case Scenario" we THINK, BUILD and PLAN for, is exceeded..... (And Mother Nature can do that.. In A New York Minute) Just Ain't Worth It, anymore.

JMHO.

honestly i dont think it ever was worth it.i dont like the idea of nuclear anything.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was listening to Mark Levin's show this evening, and he said that lots of the information coming across the "mainstream media" about Japan is over-hyped.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
I was listening to Mark Levin's show this evening, and he said that lots of the information coming across the "mainstream media" about Japan is over-hyped.

wouldnt doubt it.the media blows everything out of proportion but i stilldont like the idea of nuke anything

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
just watching sen. boxer from CA. OMG you guys are about to be in the dark and have severe rolling blackouts.
she wants the NRC to SHUT down the two plants in cali....because we cant say 100% an earthquake of *** magnitude wont happen.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

oh a a tsunami could hit you guys without warning :D

the diablo reactor is up for re-issue of license.....she is going to kill it :coffee

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just watching sen. boxer from CA. OMG you guys are about to be in the dark and have severe rolling blackouts.
she wants the NRC to SHUT down the two plants in cali....because we cant say 100% an earthquake of *** magnitude wont happen.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

oh a a tsunami could hit you guys without warning :D

the diablo reactor is up for re-issue of license.....she is going to kill it :coffee

I knew it was coming PB. DOOM & GLOOM has started.. Knee Jerk Crap.

The 'Chicken Little' syndrome has started

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
We have been living in the "Chicken Little" syndrome since the 1970's. Barbara has no clue...

Dave (IMO)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14