Japan Earthquake and Tsunami......

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
just watching sen. boxer from CA. OMG you guys are about to be in the dark and have severe rolling blackouts.
she wants the NRC to SHUT down the two plants in cali....because we cant say 100% an earthquake of *** magnitude wont happen.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

oh a a tsunami could hit you guys without warning :D

the diablo reactor is up for re-issue of license.....she is going to kill it :coffee

Environmentalist want..........

No nukes
No coal
No oil
etc

Windmills, solar panels and hydro plants can provide all the power we need....:lmao:lmao:lmao

Oh wait.......windmills kill birds and hydro dams adversely effect the natural flow of rivers. :rolleyes:

Tbar

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have been living in the "Chicken Little" syndrome since the 1970's. Barbara has no clue...

Dave (IMO)

Yep.. No Clue. She, and others like her, are waiting to be told what to say Next.. by their Owner/Controllers.

Betcha "Global Warming" will be on the Docket purdy soon ? As the Root cause of the whole situation ?

Candles..... Might be a good investment opportunity ? Hmmm ;):D

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I'm think'n Both. (bigger ROI)

she is against any EXSPOSED flames in ca due to the might/maybe/omg it could start a brush fire

she did hit the global warming theme last night as well, it was actually yesterday cspan coverage but i watched it late late at night. it was riveting :dizzy

what gave me pause was she and others asked the NRC, how many reactors were built on fault or seismic areas? and no one had the number for her
i would think they would know....or at least have an idea :dunno

the nuke energy council guy gave her a few shots back.
they asked about the amount of spent fuel stored at power plants and WHY it was not being stored elsewhere.....(think yucca mountain)
he said we have been pushing to move this material for years...but the GOVERNMENT has slowed the process :clap::clap: to a crawl

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yucca Mountain is another sore spot with me. Why did WE build it and spend all of those millions of dollars, only NOT to store spent fuel there?? They built is on some sort of a fault! DUMB...

Dave :(

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya Robert.

Right now, and for the foreseeable future.. We just needta Hang On. This Japan thing is going to go.. Absolutely NUTS. The Media* is on the "Chicken Little" agenda.

Radical folks, and anything connected to that kinda thinking.. are guna capitalize on it... to Infinity.

Hmmm.......I'm Think'n Candles & FIREWOOD now.... Animal Hides too ? ;):D

A good read T ;tu

*The Media Pool needs some Chlorine.. and a Filter up-grade ?

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I heard today that nuclear prob they are havin is gettin tons worse. They said the chernobyl disaster was a 7. They are sayin the japan disaster at the power plant is a 6!:eek:. Hold onto yer butts! Gonna be big!!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beginning to see, it depends which Media Outlet is watched.. as to what's happening, and how Serious things are.

Some are mongering an Eminent Doom slant. Some are reporting a, Stay Tuned for information, as it developes.

I'll go with the Latter.

President Obama sez: we are not expecting Any Radiation to reach Any US Territories.

I'll go with that.. too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14