KEM Performance DPF delete

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. But, if the previous post is correct that the DPF is not required until 2010, then why would it be that large of an issue? I would spend some serious money with them if they would warrant the thing!

I know it's a dream, but I was just thinking about it.

Until then, I'll deal with my awful mileage until I decided to do full turbo back and delete all the BS.... :D

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
I'm with you 100%... theres nothin wrong with dreamin... I have been dreamin of getting double digit fuel mileage and today with 144 mi on the odometer, I filled up with 14.1 gal... Thats 10mpg!!! I gotta go celebrate

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad to hear you got 10. Everyone I know with a 450 and 4.88s gets about 8 empty or loaded. The gearing just kills them on the highway. But, they can pull your house - so that's the positive!

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
Ya, we got about 10 when we first bought it... I said in the other post that I am using some of the cetane boost from Ford, we'll see what this brings. I think I was confused on which thread we weere in lol.
Speaking of gearing... Ford is supposedly the only one who offers ring/pinion for that rear end and the ***** at the parts counter told me it was $2k for the 4.30's...

I asked you in the other thread what your fuel numbers were?... I'll get it straight.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taylor,

Call Steve in MN at Tousley Ford. His number is 1-800-328-9552. You can talk to any of the parts guys there. They'll hook you up.

Tell him you want the SVT Performance discount and you get OEM Ford parts for 10% over cost....Case in point - shifter motor for my brother's truck's t-case retails at 300....I got it this morning shipped for 142. ;)

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Tell him you want the SVT Performance discount and you get OEM Ford parts for 10% over cost....Case in point - shifter motor for my brother's truck's t-case retails at 300....I got it this morning shipped for 142. ;)

You own a cobra too? I have the same screen name on that site.

But i agree, i have bought some stuff from them before and can vouch for thier speed and pricing.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. I had a 94, then a 97, now I'm working on an 03. The big kicker will be the new Shelby GT500 in about 18 months.... :eek:

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
Hey thanks man, I'll give them a ring... I deal with Eastside Custom Truck up here in WA, and the owner is an awesome guy, real small shop... They said they have a wholesale parts guy at Ford so we're lookin for the gears...
Also something I'm thinkin bout is possibly an extra overdrive from gear vendors... Might be something to consider if you freeway alot.

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Yep. I had a 94, then a 97, now I'm working on an 03. The big kicker will be the new Shelby GT500 in about 18 months.... :eek:

That awesome! i just sold my Sonic Blue 03 Vert before i came down to antarctica. No point in having it if i am going to be out of country. My next car will probably be the Facoty Five Roadster with a cobra engine in it. I already hvae a Teksid aluminum block in my garage. :sly

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up some cetane boost last night from Ford. We'll see how that does. Apparently the air dam is supposed to help a bunch as well and it's only 70 bucks at my local dealer!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58