KEM Performance DPF delete

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
is there any real world input for the dpf delete yet? or are we waiting? i think it will really wake it up, coupled with a good fuel curve!

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just heard today from a very reputable diesel performance company on the east cost that has a really fast land speed truck..... that they are apparently working with Ford to get their approval on any an all tuning/intercoolers/exhaust, etc.

So, that would mean that we could theoretically buy their product and Ford would still warrant the truck. So, this could be exactly what we're looking for! :eek:

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supposedly the air dam is good for 1 mpg at 70. In my opinion, they look a little bit silly. But, if it actually worked, it would pay for itself in a very short amount of time!

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
Ok I see what you're referring to now... I'm not sure how far it would hang down exactly but it might get ripped of in the snow this winter... Threre goes $70!:doh:

skyhawk1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It's been nearly a month since this thread got started. Are there any updates on how the trucks doing with the DPF delete?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That awesome! i just sold my Sonic Blue 03 Vert before i came down to antarctica. No point in having it if i am going to be out of country. My next car will probably be the Facoty Five Roadster with a cobra engine in it. I already hvae a Teksid aluminum block in my garage. :sly

be sure to check out BDR (back draft racing)...

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
So far all is good with the truck. A few results of the delete are as follows...
-the main gain in fuel mileage was from regen not kicking in... This allows you to get double digit fuel mileage in traffic lol.
-There was not as large of a gain in fuel mileage with the programmer paired with the fact that the truck was breathing better.
-The supplied delete pipe was, try to picture this, basically a plate that bolted to the back of the cat with a three inch hole cut out of it... A cone, or possibly a pipe that deleted the cat as well.

I'm currently getting 7.5-9 mpg out of my F450 any little gain sounds good. I personally find it beneficial if the truck wont then regen... Supposedly more kits are coming keep your eyes posted.

As for me, at this point I would purchase the tuner with the delete program in it from KEM (or see what comes out), and my plan is to delete the cat and filter... Possibly ending somewhere above the bed- right behind the cab:hmm

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64