Kidney stones?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I believe I have a kidney stone and it's really painful. I have kidney flank pain. Who has had kidney stones in the past and how did you finally pass it? Lots of distilled water? What did you do for the pain? Did you need to eliminate certain foods from your diet? I'm seeing my doctor later today but the pain is excruciating. I'm not a happy camper. -mad

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bummer ! dont have any experiance or knowledge...other than i know
some folks can "generate" more stones than others...

hope you feel better soon !

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
My wife has chronic kidney stones, she passes them all of the time. Nothing seems to help her pass them. My dad has had them as well and he believes Meadowsweet (an herb) helped him get rid of his. It is supposed to wear the stone down somehow. He says now when he feels like he has a stone he takes it and it goes away. The neighbor had them as well and he did the internet remedy. I think it was something ridiculous like 4 2 liters of regular Coke and a ton of asparagus or something. He said it worked for him. He said he has been shot and stabbed and the kidney stone hurts worse than either. They are no fun.

When it passes you might want to collect it so you can have it analyzed. There are 3 (I think) types of stones and each is caused by a different excess or deficiency and you must adjust your diet accordingly.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Doctor checked my urine. I have a high white blood cell count and traces of blood in my urine which indicated a kidney infection. I was given an antibiotic and pain meds and was told to drink loads of water. He also believes that I will pass a stone. The nurse said that this pain rivals childbirth. :eek: Dayum...I'm glad to be born male. :thumbs

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
The one time it sucks to have "stones." :(

Tbar

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok,,, here is the story from someone (Me)who has had three bouts with stones..

First off, it is more painful than child birth per the medical journals.
Take massive amounts of water. One gallon per day. If the stone does not pass, there is a procedure called lithotripsy (using sound waves to crush the stones). I had to have it done once, and is not fun. The hospital normally gives you Morphine to keep pain down while you try to pass the stone. The best example I can give you is when you are trying to pass the stone, it is like someone is hitting you in the kidney with a sledge hammer continuously, while putting your testicle in a vice and smashing it. The devil had to have made the kidney stone, because nothing is close to the pain it causes. The first time, I thought I was dieing, and was amazed that all this pain could come from something so small.
The last stone, I just took heavy pain pills, drank lots of water and walked back and forth in the house until the stone passed. Walking helps pass the stone.
I would not wish kidney stones on my worst enemy.
Good luck...
Maxtor..
P.S. to keep from getting them in the future, drink more water.
Avoid chocolate, peanuts, coke...
Of course all the things I like.

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a blocked ureter(sp?) so my kidney wouldn't drain into my bladder. When the finally gave me a MRI my right kidney was twice the size of my left. I couldnt even lay still on the table after 4 full needles of deluodit(sp?).

Getting the stent out in the dr office is a whole other story.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58