Kidney stones?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
try some WVO to help lube while the stones make their way out. :D
Stephen I wish is was that easy.

Maxtor, What you describe is how I feel. To those who can't imagine the pain...I hope you never get the opportunity to feel how I feel right now. The vicodin that was prescribed does absolutely nothing for the pain. Walking is OK as is lying down, but bending or getting out of bed is unbearable. I can drive my truck (to the doctor's) but I can't reach down to release the parking brake.

Last edited:

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will learn to drink on Distilled Water ONLY as I have. Nothing will stop the pain except the needle Have someone willing to drive you home and 2 days later when you wake up it will most likely be in you blatter. Mine do not hurt bad when they move, when they stop moving and start my Kidneys swelling is when mine hurt. Good luck I've been there. Have someone remove all the butcher knives from the kitchen. I wanted to find out why I was dieing!!

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Milk soda iced tea coffee

but if you get it analysed it will tell you what it is

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Dude, I feel your pain, I have had 8 of them, passed 5 had 3 busted up and a stint put in for those 3...don't ask how they do that :eek:

Something you might try, it has worked for me in the past with success, Distilled water and lemon juice, the sourer it is the better, drink as much as you can stand during the day and even at night.

Now this will not give immediate relief but will break down the stone if it is a calcium oxylate stone and help you pass it.

If you do pass it, and you'll know when you do, try to collect it and have it analyzed to see what it is made of and adjust your diet accordingly. Icecream and sweet tea are a kidney stone making combo and the biggest creator of kidney stones is STRESS.

Good luck

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
My dad has had a couple in the past he was told cranberry juice and a lot of it. He has had to go to the emergency room both times for the pain. Hope all goes well

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
My dad has had a couple in the past he was told cranberry juice and a lot of it. He has had to go to the emergency room both times for the pain. Hope all goes well

Cranberry juice is a no no with kidney stones, especially if they're calcium stones. The cranberry juice is loaded with calcium and will snow ball a stone in no time flat.

Now having said that, cranberry juice is good for kidney/urinary infections, just not stones.

Please don't ask how I know all this, it's too painful to think about

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
John, Thanks for the heads up on cranberry juice...but I was an hour too late seeing your post. I just came back from the health food store with 3 quarts of real unsweetened 100% cranberry juice. :rolleyes: I'm peeing through one of my new WVO 100 micron 5 gallon bucket plastic strainers so I can catch it when it passes. Someone should make jewelry outta this stuff. :roflmao

"Icecream and sweet tea are a kidney stone making combo and the biggest creator of kidney stones is STRESS."

There ain't no stress, ice cream or sweet tea in my diet. I'm black coffee, diet coke and chocolate.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Ok,,, here is the story from someone (Me)who has had three bouts with stones..

First off, it is more painful than child birth per the medical journals.
Take massive amounts of water. One gallon per day. If the stone does not pass, there is a procedure called lithotripsy (using sound waves to crush the stones). I had to have it done once, and is not fun. The hospital normally gives you Morphine to keep pain down while you try to pass the stone. The best example I can give you is when you are trying to pass the stone, it is like someone is hitting you in the kidney with a sledge hammer continuously, while putting your testicle in a vice and smashing it. The devil had to have made the kidney stone, because nothing is close to the pain it causes. The first time, I thought I was dieing, and was amazed that all this pain could come from something so small.
The last stone, I just took heavy pain pills, drank lots of water and walked back and forth in the house until the stone passed. Walking helps pass the stone.
I would not wish kidney stones on my worst enemy.
Good luck...
Maxtor..
P.S. to keep from getting them in the future, drink more water.
Avoid chocolate, peanuts, coke...
Of course all the things I like.

one word

OUCHthanks for the insight :sly

richard
I hope it passes without the described PAIN.
i am cringing now

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
i can't tell ya anything that will make you feel better.....but GOOD LUCK buddy....i know it hurts....you'll be fine you drive a powerstroke!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58