Kidney stones?

Vinni

I didn't do it
Reaction score
OK - so i went to a Urologist the other day to discuss my situation. They put in a request for the CT Scan performed during the last episode just about 2 weeks back. The image shows two more stones in my left kidney - one being estimated at 6.0mm. This has the doc concerned and wants to schedule me for a Lithotrypsy outpatient procedure in order to break the stone into "gravel" so that i can pass it easier.

As for me, i am a bit of a doctor hater and am really not wanting to have the procedure done even though it may alleviate the passing of a future large stone. But the way I see it - i have a prescription of Vicadin from the prior stone (a 5.7mm stone shaped like a Rolly Polly and covered in sand granules) that did not cause me that much pain once i was properly equipped with Rx and a hot bath. I figure i can lick this 6.0.

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG! 6mm is crazy dude.

I just had two of them about a month ago. Worst pain ever.

As to who said women giving birth is not as bad as a stone ... to the woman, yes. But, men experience the pain ALOT worse than women. It is definitely worse than a woman giving birth.

A very popular home remedy (that I DO believe helped me) is mixing 2 oz. of olive oil with 2 oz. of lemon juice. Chug it. The olive oil is to loosen things up ... while (as mentioned earlier) the lemon juice helps break it up.

Someone mentioned no beer. Actually .... a nurse are the ER advised me to go chug a 6 pack as long as I was not on the meds. No joke. My barber gets these alot and he said to do the same thing.

Anyway, I love morphine. The percoset (sp.?) didn't do a dayum thing for me. But on my 2nd trip to the ER they gave me the needle and I was feeling good.

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had two bouts with the stones...PAIN!! is the only way to describe it. I went to the emergency room the first time and got x-rays and LOTS of pain meds. The second time I just stayed in bed and drank lots of water. The only problem is I don't think I have passed them, I mean, everybody says "you're gonna pull the pipes out of the walls", or something like that. Go get checked out, my Dr. said that sodas and not enough water will contribute to them. God luck, dude.:sorry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58