Let us know if you have any ideas

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Quadzilla said:
I'm new here, so I won't be surprised if my suggestion isn't immediately adopted, but having the heading "Ford Superduty Discussion" over all the forums that pertain to Ford diesel engines is a bit of a misnomer. Under that heading, there's a forum for "6.9 and 7.3L IDI Discussion (Non Power Stoke)", as well as the forum "7.3L Power Stroke Engine & Drivetrain", which pertains to OBS trucks as well as Superduties.
It doesn't change that I like it here, or bother me a lot, but more of a fine tuning of a great site that appears to be getting off to a great start. Once you attracted Renegade, you already got a depth of knowledge here that beats most other sites.
It is an issue we are currently working on Scott, there is no clear cut answer to what we are going to do about it but,,,, your suggestion is already being considered.

Mike

Quadzilla

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'll get hold of Jim, Craig, Dale (Powerstroke2000), and a few others, and see what I can do.

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Quadzilla said:
I'll get hold of Jim, Craig, Dale (Powerstroke2000), and a few others, and see what I can do.
Cool, those guys are the some of the heavy hitters over there.

towcat

mouse hunter
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadzilla
I'm new here, so I won't be surprised if my suggestion isn't immediately adopted, but having the heading "Ford Superduty Discussion" over all the forums that pertain to Ford diesel engines is a bit of a misnomer. Under that heading, there's a forum for "6.9 and 7.3L IDI Discussion (Non Power Stoke)", as well as the forum "7.3L Power Stroke Engine & Drivetrain", which pertains to OBS trucks as well as Superduties.
It doesn't change that I like it here, or bother me a lot, but more of a fine tuning of a great site that appears to be getting off to a great start. Once you attracted Renegade, you already got a depth of knowledge here that beats most other sites.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is an issue we are currently working on Scott, there is no clear cut answer to what we are going to do about it but,,,, your suggestion is already being considered.

Mike
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can somebody tell me when the "superduty" name was first used widely on Ford trucks? :D

quadzilla-
need not worry about the IDI guys encroaching here. We're in discussion on wheter or not to support this current offshoot. We're used to being ignored by advertisers but we do spend money on our trucks. Its just that our parts are nowhere near as pricey as yours can be. I'll still put my name down here and lurk to see how things goes. Just like how I lurked at OBS for a very long time.

Quadzilla

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
towcat-
I ain't the least bit worried about you IDI guys encroaching. On the contrary, I think the name should be general enough that y'all feel at home. Sorry if my thoughts weren't better stated.
If I'm not mistaken, the term F-Superduty was used on F450 and larger trucks in the early 90's. Someone will be along shortly to correct me if I'm wrong, though. :)

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
towcat said:
Can somebody tell me when the "superduty" name was first used widely on Ford trucks? :D

I am interested in hearing the answer too, but I am going to take a WAG here and say it was either in the 40's or 50's when the F series came out.

Now for another useless piece of Ford History, what did the "F" stand for in F-XXX originally?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58