Lift Installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed an 8" Fabtech lift during the Thanksgiving holidays (I wouldn't Recommend there lifts now) I like the way it rides and looks

Opinions on looks.

100_0477.jpg

100_0476.jpg

100_0475.jpg

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks mean Mobey, very nice.

how come you dont like their lifts now? was it a pain to work with or something?

When I talked with 4Wheel Parts about the lift I told them I would not accept a lift that made my truck Squat. IE what most people seem to call "leveled"!!
They ordered a F250 kit to fit on my F350. The rear blocks are 2" taller for the F250 for some Stupid reason, I can't figure that one out!! The U-Bolts were 2"s too short. Most companies U-bolts are 4" to long if anything, not Fabtech. I called them (Fabtech) and they said why would you want your truck to sit like it cane from the factory. I quite honestly think that was the stupidest thing I have ever heard!! There was a step stating to cut the excess bolts off. Hell they wouldn’t even have made it through the nuts on the F250s!! The instructions were a complete joke. Nothing about the Shocks and rotating the bracket on the rear axle to keep them from bottoming out!! That’s another thing the shocks were the same length as the one that came on the truck. There’s a lot more but you get the point!!

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
When I talked with 4Wheel Parts about the lift I told them I would not accept a lift that made my truck Squat. IE what most people seem to call "leveled"!!
They ordered a F250 kit to fit on my F350. The rear blocks are 2" taller for the F250 for some Stupid reason, I can't figure that one out!! The U-Bolts were 2"s too short. Most companies U-bolts are 4" to long if anything, not Fabtech. I called them (Fabtech) and they said why would you want your truck to sit like it cane from the factory. I quite honestly think that was the stupidest thing I have ever heard!! There was a step stating to cut the excess bolts off. Hell they wouldn’t even have made it through the nuts on the F250s!! The instructions were a complete joke. Nothing about the Shocks and rotating the bracket on the rear axle to keep them from bottoming out!! That’s another thing the shocks were the same length as the one that came on the truck. There’s a lot more but you get the point!!

All lift kits normally make the truck sit LEVEL, this is all of them ;) Why would you want the rear higher?

I agree with Fabtech on this one, and ALL the other lift companies would say the same thing.

What you wanted was a CUSTOM install, not the norm ;)

Just FYI.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I personally like the rear to be an 1" or 2" higher than the front.

Who wants to drive around in a truck all day looking at the sky with the tailend draggin' the ground.

Again, JMHO, if you like it, I love it. :D

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All lift kits normally make the truck sit LEVEL, this is all of them Why would you want the rear higher?

I agree with Fabtech on this one, and ALL the other lift companies would say the same thing.

What you wanted was a CUSTOM install, not the norm

Just FYI.

So when I pull this

100_0472.jpg

in my 24' enclosed trailer or when I put any heavy weight in the bed, my truck don't look overloaded. What some call "level" I call loaded. Yes I use my trucks for mor then just riding around.

BTW: Just FYI 8"s is 8"s if don't matter if it's on the front or rear 8"s is 8"s!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58