Lift Installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
The salesman Knew exactly what he was doing. We discussed it for 2 hours before I purchased the kit. He didn’t know the U-Bolts would be too short.
:dunno Doesn't sound like he knew what he was doing :dunno 2 hour discussion and you didn't get what you wanted tells me he didn't have a clue. Not sticking up for Fabtech but the dealer sold you a kit that was not designed for your truck.

I've never seen one that looked worth having!!
And I have a 2.5" add-a-Leif on the front of my 01.
Why do you have one if they are not worth having? :dunno

I guess what you are calling the “Leveled” look, looks good to you. If it does, I’m happy for you!!
Where did I say that? I think I said " I also hate the look of a nose high rig but they do ride nice".

If you want a tail high ride why don't you get the proper springs to do the job rather than blaming Fabtech? You installed a kit on your truck that was not designed for your truck! If you want a 8" lift then you need springs NOT blocks. If Fabtech doesn't sell a kit with springs for your truck then go to another brand. This whole deal is like buying a soaker hose and when you can't get any pressure at the end of it complaining that it leaks. You need to get a suspension setup that fits your truck. The stacked blocks with way too long U-bolts are dangerous.

Scary looking block stack:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
100_0486.jpg

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Yikes!:wow Double blocks! I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy's truck :smack

If given a choice of a 8" kit for my truck I would have went with the Donohoe 8" setup,all springs baby!:sweet

I'm not into the California squat or whatever it's called either,I desire the rake for when we trailer up the rear doesn't squat down and vehicle controllability is lost.

With your truck it's looks that wins over safety that's all it is;)

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno Doesn't sound like he knew what he was doing :dunno 2 hour discussion and you didn't get what you wanted tells me he didn't have a clue. Not sticking up for Fabtech but the dealer sold you a kit that was not designed for your truck.

Why do you have one if they are not worth having? :dunno

Where did I say that? I think I said " I also hate the look of a nose high rig but they do ride nice".

If you want a tail high ride why don't you get the proper springs to do the job rather than blaming Fabtech? You installed a kit on your truck that was not designed for your truck! If you want a 8" lift then you need springs NOT blocks. If Fabtech doesn't sell a kit with springs for your truck then go to another brand. This whole deal is like buying a soaker hose and when you can't get any pressure at the end of it complaining that it leaks. You need to get a suspension setup that fits your truck. The stacked blocks with way too long U-bolts are dangerous.

Scary looking block stack:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
100_0486.jpg

Actually, I got the exact amout of lift Wanted and Needed for the truck. If I were to ordered a kit for a F350 it would have been stacked blocks but with a 3" block instead. So He knew Exactly what was needed. Like I said he just didn 't know the U-Bolts would be too short!!

I guess you don't read too well also. There is a 3" add-a-Leif on the rear also. That makes the truck look and drive proper!!

I've had a lifted truck with what you call "proper Springs", if I wanted my ride to feel like a solid axle, I would have welded a 2x2 solid bar from the axle to the farme. Those "Proper Springs don't ride very good and aren't worth a Damn!!

Last edited:

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes!:wow Double blocks! I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy's truck :smack

If given a choice of a 8" kit for my truck I would have went with the Donohoe 8" setup,all springs baby!:sweet

That kit does not fit my truck. ($1,713.00) Even if it did I would still have to Atleast buy 4 Shocks ($399.80)!! and a few other goodies!! Not really what I would call Turn Key!!

There 05-07 is a 7" kit!! ($2,646.80) If you go to that site you will see that it doesn't enclude everything you need to lift the truck Properly!! There's extras you have to buy!!

Last edited:

smokem465

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The industry standard is not set by the lift companies. It is set by the consumer. Most (not all) want their vehicles to sit level when they are lifted. There are options (add-ons) available that will allow someone to keep the stock rake when they add a suspension lift to their vehicle.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
The industry standard is not set by the lift companies. It is set by the consumer. Most (not all) want their vehicles to sit level when they are lifted. There are options (add-ons) available that will allow someone to keep the stock rake when they add a suspension lift to their vehicle.

Like I have said, this is the DE FACTO standard, it is a Standard that is not set by anyone, but it just becomes the standard.

Yes, What you wanted was CUSTOM and not available in just a KIT from a company, you would have to piece it togeather and 4WP should have TOLD you this, and sold you the ADD-ONS to keep the stock rake.

NONE, AND I MEAN NONE of the LIFT KITS on the market MAINTAIN the STOCK RAKE.

EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM LEVELS THE TRUCK. It is just how it is. :sorry

Fabtech's kit WAS correct and still is, and YES, 4wheelParts screwed up ONCE again! :rolleyes:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I guess you don't read too well also.

I always have had that problem when reading something that makes no sense at all.

Actually, I got the exact amount of lift Wanted and Needed for the truck.
If I wanted my ride to feel like a solid axle, I would have welded a 2x2 solid bar from the axle to the frame.

Glad you ended up with what you wanted :sweet A 2x2 solid bar from the axle to the frame would be much safer than the stacked blocks you have now though. I would not drive your current setup around the block let alone haul a load with it.

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always have had that problem when reading something that makes no sense at all.

Glad you ended up with what you wanted :sweet A 2x2 solid bar from the axle to the frame would be much safer than the stacked blocks you have now though. I would not drive your current setup around the block let alone haul a load with it.

If you would accept a lift company Bull S#!tting you about "Leveling" your truck and making you think it looks or Rides better.
I wouldn't let you in my truck to ride, much less drive!!

Last edited:

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
If you would accept a lift company Bull S#!tting you about "Leveling" your truck and making you think it looks or Rides better.
I wouldn't let you in my truck to ride, much less drive!!

Are you serious????

4WP sold you a box and told you it was something it wasn't!!!! :rolleyes:

The FABTECH lift is NOT 8" LIFT FRONT AND BACK, Fabtech will say this, so will ALL THE LIFT companies.

4WheelParts LIED to you, not the lift companies.

Why don't you understand this???

I can't be something that it IS NOT!

It is SIMPLE as that :sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58