Lift Installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well my 6.5 inch pro comp was listed as a 6.5 for the front and a 5.5 for the rear. Mine still does not sit level which is what i wanted. Adding another 1000 lbs to my bed causes it to sit level. Now if i was sitting level before the bed was loaded then i'd have my nose in the air once ya put anything back there.

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is NOT a Custom Install. You actually say you would want a lift that is 8"s in the front and 5 in the back. Not only would that be plain Ugly, but stupid also. It's not 4WP fault it's FABTECH's fault. They need to make a proper lift.

There is no way a/any truck lifted 8"s in the front and either 5"s or 3"s in the rear would even come close to looking proper!!

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to chime in here.

8" is not always 8"

Sometimes 4" is 8"............like when our wives / gf's are boosting our morale! :innocent

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big k is right when you order a "lift kit" it is designed to level a truck. What you wanted was a cutom setup. It is not a good idea to stack blocks I would not recomend anything over 4".

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
The U-Bolt is the same length 18”s it the longest Fabtech makes!!!!

More than a 18" U-bolt with stacked blocks is a accident waiting to happen. They sell shorter blocks with the 350 kit since the 350 sits higher from the factory. You got a salesman that didn't know his stuff and sold you a kit that was not designed to do what you wanted it to do. Selling you a F250 kit that didn't raise your F350 the way you wanted it to is Fabtech's fault? I think not. You need some new rear springs for what you are wanting to do. Blocks are not the way to go in this application.

Trucks that are level or even a little higher in the front ride 10x better than one that is higher in the rear. I also hate the look of a nose high rig but they do ride nice. Level rides much better than tail high. Air bags or overloads are needed when a level truck is loaded heavy. My current suspension setup sits about .5" high in the rear when empty and about 1" nose high when slide in camper is loaded. If I adjust it so that it is level with the camper the ride becomes harsh. I also installed a leveling kit on our F150 and it smoothed it out a bunch. Think about how the truck will react when it hits a bump if the rear end is high. Imagine that the frame is on a 45 degree angle and think about how it would hit the bump then think of it nose high at 45 degrees and think how it would glide over a bump.

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big k is right when you order a "lift kit" it is designed to level a truck. What you wanted was a cutom setup. It is not a good idea to stack blocks I would not recomend anything over 4".

If you accept that BS about "Level" as an excuse from a Lift company You deserve what you get in life!! IMHO what some of you people call "Level" Looks like it Squats. IE BAD IMO!! The rake on these truck are perfect from the Factory, they just need to be taller for bigger tires!!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
The rake on these truck are perfect from the Factory!!

If the rake is perfect then why are there dozens of aftermarket leveling kits on the market and why do they sell thousands of them? A leveling kit is nothing but a 2" or 3" lift for the front-end.

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More than a 18" U-bolt with stacked blocks is a accident waiting to happen. They sell shorter blocks with the 350 kit since the 350 sits higher from the factory. You got a salesman that didn't know his stuff and sold you a kit that was not designed to do what you wanted it to do. Selling you a F250 kit that didn't raise your F350 the way you wanted it to is Fabtech's fault? I think not. You need some new rear springs for what you are wanting to do. Blocks are not the way to go in this application.

Trucks that are level or even a little higher in the front ride 10x better than one that is higher in the rear. I also hate the look of a nose high rig but they do ride nice. Level rides much better than tail high. Air bags or overloads are needed when a level truck is loaded heavy. My current suspension setup sits about .5" high in the rear when empty and about 1" nose high when slide in camper is loaded. If I adjust it so that it is level with the camper the ride becomes harsh. I also installed a leveling kit on our F150 and it smoothed it out a bunch. Think about how the truck will react when it hits a bump if the rear end is high. Imagine that the frame is on a 45 degree angle and think about how it would hit the bump then think of it nose high at 45 degrees and think how it would glide over a bump.

I guess that's why Fabteck put 34" Shocks (same as OEM) in a kit that raises the truck 8"s. I think Not! The salesman Knew exactly what he was doing. We discussed it for 2 hours before I purchased the kit. He didn’t know the U-Bolts would be too short.

You see, you have to be smart enough to build things properly. Fabtech is not. There are some other things that are crazy stupid about the lift also. Like the Drop Track Bar Frame Bracket. I have a Skyjacker 6” lift in the loft the Drop on FT DTBFB is 1” Shorter then that one. The hole for the Track Bar is closer to the passenger side of the truck. It’s also lighter steel then the skyjacker, and has a Brace you install back to the frame. That’s Not really what I would want. The Skyjacker unit is installed.

I guess what you are calling the “Leveled” look, looks good to you. If it does, I’m happy for you!! If it was for me I’d be he happiest man alive!! It doesn’t do it for me!!

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the rake is perfect then why are there dozens of aftermarket leveling kits on the market and why do they sell thousands of them? A leveling kit is nothing but a 2" or 3" lift for the front-end.

Most people do it as a way to install larger tires on there truck without going with a Full lift. I've never seen one that looked worth having!!

And I have a 2.5" (It raised it 2" for my 305s) add-a-Leif on the front of my 01. I also have a 3" (2.5" Actual) Add-a-Leif on the rear of my 01. Nose High looks like S#!t!!
I'll add a photo of it today also!!

100_0487.jpg

100_0486.jpg

100_0484.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member