lots of white smoke/turbo maybe??

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some work done on my truck Friday. Dealing with the EGR "again" and the mechanic was asking about smoke colors. What he said was white smoke is a coolant leak. There was two places that they have had problems with one was the EGR tube were the coolant runs was rotting and the other is the heads.

Now ford has a new cleaning process for the EGR system. It's not covered by warrenty but it seam to work really good.

Last edited:

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
I had some work done on my truck Friday. Dealing with the EGR "again" and the mechanic was asking about smoke colors. What he said was white smoke is a coolant leak. There was two places that they have had problems with one was the EGR tube were the coolant runs was rotting and the other is the heads.

Now ford has a new cleaning process for the EGR system. It's not covered by warrenty but it seam to work really good

can you elaborate on this a little more? what is the process and WHY is it not covered under the warranty?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you elaborate on this a little more? what is the process and WHY is it not covered under the warranty?

They take the EGR tube and send it out to have it cleaned some how. They would not say. But talking to a guy that had it done, he was very happy with it and did see a improvement in mileage.
Why? it a new prevented maintenance program. Thats not covered.

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped my truck off at the dealer today. The guy helping me said he assumed it was related to the EGR, and should be under warranty. Im hoping they cover it.

StrokinHarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooo i cleaned the EGR really good and it smoked a lil the day after but now it runs as good as new(guess it needed to blow all the crap out)... But thanks for helpin me out guys:sweet

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just called the dealer and sounds like i will get the truck back tomorrow or Friday. Said something about blowing gasket on the EGR cooler(or something like that). Basically when the EGR gets clogged up, pressure builds, then boom. This allows coolant to leak into the recirculating air in the engine causing the white smoke.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped my truck off at the dealer today. The guy helping me said he assumed it was related to the EGR, and should be under warranty. Im hoping they cover it.

Did you get your truck back yet? I have been watching the thread and am interested what the problem was, I hope it wasn't to serious (or expensive)

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get your truck back yet? I have been watching the thread and am interested what the problem was, I hope it wasn't to serious (or expensive)

Got it back Friday. Funny story actually.

Main problem was the EGR cooler gasket. The presure from the egr cause the gasket to give, letting coolant into the recirculating air.

Funny part was that apparently there were 2 '05 F-350's in the shop at the same time(one being mine). Well, the other owner decided to get the 60,000 mile maintanence package done while it was in the shop. This package retails for about $1,600 and includes things like brake line flush, diesel flush, transfer case, tranny, differentials, etc. Well, they put the order on the wrong invoice and I got everything done for free. They ask me to pay for it, but I was not about to give them $1000 because they messed up. The crappy part, on the dealerships end, was they are going to make the sales guy pay for the mess up instead of just absorbing it as a loss.

AKmud

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thats a bunch of bull that they make the employee pay for it... Yeah he screwed up, but $1,600 probably is a paycheck for the guy!

:bs:smack

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58