lots of white smoke/turbo maybe??

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a bunch of bull that they make the employee pay for it... Yeah he screwed up, but $1,600 probably is a paycheck for the guy!

:bs:smack

IF they really made him pay for the mess up, it would have been $500-700 not 1600. after asking me to pay full price they offered $700 which they claimed would cover labor and parts cost with no markup. Then they offered $500ish which was supposed to be just parts. The sales rep told me they were going to make him pay for it, so it could have just been an attempt to make me feel guilty and pay myself.

If they did make him pay for it, its pretty ****ty. However, if its coming out of someones wallet, better his than mine since I told him no when he originally asked about getting the service.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Thats a bunch of bull that they make the employee pay for it... Yeah he screwed up, but $1,600 probably is a paycheck for the guy!

:bs:smack

Pretty common in the industry, really.
Most places consider it theft. If it had happened at our shop, he'd have been promoted to customer on the spot. It's hard enough turning profit these days with every cost imaginable spiraling out of control, much less having someone commit a $1,600 fubar that will likely cost the shop not one, but two customers.

Think about it. He's never taking his truck back there, because he can't even trust the service writer to make out a proper ticket, much less anyone else to be honest with him. And neither is the other guy; he handed them $1,600. and they didn't do what they were supposed to.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58