Low Sulfur Diesel Warning

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big K said:
I wonder if we are going to have another 98 PSD debacle?????
I don't think so. The 07's are supposed to be carryovers from 06 with some minor trim changes and colors. Most likely, the only way to tell the difference between 06 and 07 is the identifier in the VIN. The "ugly" picture that's been passed around that's on the edmunds.com site will probably be a 2008 since it's coming out in January and will have the new interiors, engine, front end, Super Duty stamping, etc. My salesman at Bob Tomes Ford in McKinney is getting excited about the new style. He said he's tired of the interior. He'd like to see if "dressed up" a bit. He always drives Super Duties for his demos. Usually SWB Crew Cab 4X4 diesels. Earlier in the year he had a bright red one with the Chrome Package, now he has a solid black one. When I bought mine in 2002, he had a black and tan F250 Lariat, so the Super Duty is his favorite truck.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Well,

That would depend, I thought they had to change the 2007 Model Year Engine to satisfy EPA aggrements.

That is the reason you have no MODEL YEAR 1998 Ford Truck Power Strokes.

All the ones MADE in 1997 were MODEL YEAR 1997, and the New SuperDuties were brought out early in Jan 1998 as MODEL YEAR 1999.

This might what happen but only time will tell.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big K said:
All the ones MADE in 1997 were MODEL YEAR 1997, and the New SuperDuties were brought out early in Jan 1998 as MODEL YEAR 1999.

This might what happen but only time will tell.
From what I've read, there will be a 2007 model, but it will probably be short-lived. Then the January introduction will be 2008's, so I guess it will be similar to the jump from 97's to 99's. Didn't that happen to the Corvette a few years back when there was really current model for one of their milestone anniversaries-the model year skipped the "anniversary year"? Who knows what the car manufacturers are going to do from one day to the next. Get your hopes up for something, then come out of left field with a totally different plan. Guess that's part of their marketing strategy to stay ahead of the competition.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
this weekend
every station we stopped at to get fuel had the sticker, this is not approved for 2007 engines......
so if you have a 07 truck, what are you to do????
i got my 06 in july of 05 and july is just around the corner????
hmmmmm, guess i need to stock up on additives, or buy a bio farm :confused:

Robert, I got my 06 in July of 05 and last week when he man from Bully Dog put the downloader on my truck it read 05 engine. It was fun while it lasted and it pulled the new trailer great, didn't do anything for fuel millage. :roflmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58