Maiden Maintenance Voyage on 6.0

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
You need to thoroughly degrease the intercooler pipes and connections with brake cleaner. A connection with any oil on will blow off eventually. I'm not sure about how you are explaining the retaining ring. I know I used them on my old 6.0 with no problems. I'd either check with DieselSite, or post some pictures up :sweet

Roadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to thoroughly degrease the intercooler pipes and connections with brake cleaner. A connection with any oil on will blow off eventually. I'm not sure about how you are explaining the retaining ring. I know I used them on my old 6.0 with no problems. I'd either check with DieselSite, or post some pictures up :sweet

Thanks, if you were to describe their use in ur own words, how did you mount the rings. I'll compare to my mounting. I've written dieselsite and awaiting a response.

Roadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I got the Amsoil By-Pass filtration unit installed. Today I am thinking about installing the coolant filtration system. As soon as I get the initial "buy" list done, I'll close this thread and work on my next truck projects. For my maiden voyage, I still have a radiator flush to do, transmission flush and new filters, plus new DieselSite Tranny filter install, fuel pressure regulator upgrade, new thermostat plus quickdrain plug for radiator.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Since I have to replace, should I stick with the stock Ranchos? I'm only interested in longevity, and at some point might be pulling, but not more than 10,000 lbs.
Those Ranchos are not Ranchos, but Ford shocks with the Rancho name printed on them. Bilsteins are the way to go, but that's just my humble opinion, the Monroes are a good choice as well. Remember batteries not included, YMMV Member FDIC. ;tu

Last edited:

Roadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lil' slow going, but installed the DieselSite Coolant Filtration system yesterday. I'm thinking Imma give it a rest until Spring now. Maybe get the Edge Insight in the next few months. Come spring, I'll do the transmission fluid swap and Dieselsite transmission filter install.

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
Roadie , i ordered mine yesterday . with these 60* days i figure why waste them .
what was the degree of difficulty on the coolant bypass install ?

havent been on site in a while , how yall doin ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track